For all those that like to degrade Bobby Dodd

pocket_watch

Dodd-Like
by trying to compare Chan Gailey to him, did you see the presentation of the Dodd coaching award last night. Anyone who loves the Yellow Jackets got goose bumps, I am sure.
I would have given anything to have played for him, or to have just known him. I will never forget the two times I just shook his hand.

This particular post is not blasting CG, as we all know he is a fine man. However, Bobby Dodd is legendary and it is just stupid to make comparisons between the two.

[ QUOTE ]

by trying to compare Chan Gailey to him, did you see the presentation of the Dodd coaching award last night. Anyone who loves the Yellow Jackets got goose bumps, I am sure.
I would have given anything to have played for him, or to have just known him. I will never forget the two times I just shook his hand.

This particular post is not blasting CG, as we all know he is a fine man. However, Bobby Dodd is legendary and it is just stupid to make comparisons between the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I saw it. And I also puked when it quoted Vince Dooley as saying he emulated Bobby Dodd throughout his career. Vince Dooley did things Bobby Dodd would never ever do... like recruiting players that couldn't read, knowingly coahc players who were being cheated by the University. Vince Dooley's morals are not even good enough to hold Bobby Dodd's dirty drawers. That made me sick seeing that quote.

Yeah, I noticed that too. What struck me as awkward but true for prince was that he said wtte...I tried to emulate some of what Dodd did.
Even the announcer highlited the word "some".
Made me feel even better about Dodd.

I saw that and have an even better impression of Joe Pa' than I did before. His recognition of Coach Dodd was both respectful and classy. Way to go, Coach!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Joe Paterno has never impressed me as being anything but a CLASS ACT A #1. I have as much or more respect for Joe Pa' as any coach ever and I am very very glad to see him win this award. Others here may know things about Joe Pa' that would tarnish his reputation and if that is the case, please keep it to yourself. For me and my house, I'm just very pleased to see him receive it.

Joe Pa looks like he should be working for the mafia but he is THE class act in college football
To bad he is the last of a dying breed

Maybe when all of the class coaches are gone, they will stop handing out the award. I would like to hear the Dodd Foundation say that no coach was worthy of the award this year if that is the case.

P.W. I was thinking of how JoePa handled some of Franco Harris' dealings. No coach today would touch what he did
And also he had a ref fired after the ref made 2 bad calls in his favor against Bama

Back