For those who think a new coach is the answer...

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
...explain Auburn.

Point being, it isn’t so easy to hit a home run in the coaching carousel.

...explain Auburn.

Yes. Losing to USF, Pitt and 4 of 5 to Duke is just fine. We should just stick with that because it does so well.

And that doesn’t even include failing to become bowl eligible multiple times, which is actually a pretty good accomplishment considering how many bowls there are.

Do you really think we can put a worse product on the field? I certainly have my reservations about who we’ll bring in next, but PJ will not be here next year. It’s time man. No reason to defend, just accept what’s about to happen.

Do you really think we can put a worse product on the field? I certainly have my reservations about who we’ll bring in next, but PJ will not be here next year. It’s time man. No reason to defend, just accept what’s about to happen.

I’m not defending him. I just don’t know who would be able to do a better job given our unique limitations.

...I dont quite get it. We would take Gus' record there in a second. And I don't know any Auburn fans who regret canning Chizik. They just regret giving Gus a questionable extension.

...I dont quite get it. We would take Gus' record there in a second. And I don't know any Auburn fans who regret canning Chizik. They just regret giving Gus a questionable extension.

If they don’t regret Gus why do they regret giving him an extension?

They are essentially into Chan Gailey territory.

You sound like a battered woman that will not leave an abusive relationship over fear of not being able to do better. There are plenty of coaches that can develop a forward pass. There are plenty of coaches that can build a formidable defense. There are plenty of coaches that will not consistently roll out embarrassing special teams. There are plenty of coaches that can manage a play clock. There are plenty of coaches that can sell there program and build interest with local media. There are plenty of coaches that are willing to evolve when necessary. And there are plenty of coaches willing to accept a multi million annual salary.

The only way I see PJ getting another year is if he lets one of the young QBs take over and we make a run to finish the year. The anticipation of what might be could get him another year. Hope is a great sales pitch and people naturally want to believe in such, but PJ alone can no longer convince our fan base. I know he believes Marshall is his strongest option to get the wins he needs, but IMO if he rides him for the remainder of the year he will not be here in 2019.

Auburn won 10 games, beat Alabama, and finished top-10 last year. They went to a national title just 4 or 5 years ago. The qualms that Auburn fans have over Malzahn is that they are paying the money to be a national title contender every year and he’s shown that he’s more of an up and down coach. He was an idiot for micromanaging Lashlee and letting him run off. They have a very similar roster this year as last’s but different results. That’s what fans aren’t happy about.

Using any coach in the SEC West as a comparison since Saban came to Bama is ridiculous. Someone was doing the same with Miles and LSU in another thread.

You sound like a battered woman that will not leave an abusive relationship over fear of not being able to do better. There are plenty of coaches that can develop a forward pass. There are plenty of coaches that can build a formidable defense. There are plenty of coaches that will not consistently roll out embarrassing special teams. There are plenty of coaches that can manage a play clock. There are plenty of coaches that can sell there program and build interest with local media. There are plenty of coaches that are willing to evolve when necessary. And there are plenty of coaches willing to accept a multi million annual salary.

The only way I see PJ getting another year is if he lets one of the young QBs take over and we make a run to finish the year. The anticipation of what might be could get him another year. Hope is a great sales pitch and people naturally want to believe in such, but PJ alone can no longer convince our fan base. I know he believes Marshall is his strongest option to get the wins he needs, but IMO if he rides him for the remainder of the year he will not be here in 2019.

I’m not defending him. I just don’t know who would be able to do a better job given our unique limitations.

Yes, we are all aware we're never field a team as talented as the football factories. However, we can certainly put a team on the field that doesn't turn the ball over on what felt like 3 consecutive plays. I really love our boys, they are not well coached, particularly on offense. CPJs teams aren't mentally sharp. The frustrating thing is that they use to be. The execution get's sloppier each passing year it seems.

Here's the problem: A.D.(after dodd) , we went through some coaches who couldn't replicate Dodd 's success until Ross, and then he left. Then we hit rock bottom with him whose name we won't name, then started cooking with O'Leary who made us great! Minding the mediocre years with Gailey, the football program started to get good football players prior to PJ! He's not getting good football players and his offense is killing our football program, plain and simple. We can do better!

I hope we pull it together, win at least six, and CPJ stays and we get better next year. If we get rid of him at the end of the year, there are no easy answers. Monken is doing a good job at Army, but many want to leave option offense. We can throw out names all day, of coaches with well known names but who all have some baggage and winning at Tech would be no cinch if they were hired - Briles and Kiffen come to mind. There are Tech alums in the NFL and college ranks. None has a perfect resume and history has proven hiring an alum is not a guarantee for success. I think we will have to be patient with any rebuild. I like the JMU coach and staff and I like Satterfield, but will they come to Tech and if they come will they win? If I had to make the call, I would talk with Hatcher at Samford. I would be interested to hear if he believed he could put together a staff of folks he has worked with and that they could recruit well enough to win in Georgia. I could see him bringing in Gillespie or his current coordinator, Callaway. Keeping the current DC would not be a bad idea. He could add a Georgia high school coach or two like his brother or Rodemaker from Valdosta. The advantage to this approach would be the connections to the high school coaches this approach would bring.

I don't understand this line of thinking at all. I've been watching tech football for about 20 years, and we've never been this bad. I think a better question is why don't you think we can do better?

...explain Auburn.

Damn you sound like Dave Brain....less. LOL lets don't do anything because it may only get worse....what the hell kind of attitude is that?

Back