Formation

mustard

Flats Noob
Was it the I formation that was being run in the Spring? Was the set always with a FB and TB, or was it a single back sometimes?

Somebody please refresh my memory. All of a sudden I cannot remember the formations. I remember the backs making good yardage on runs, but the passing plays always had DE's breathing down the QB's neck.

Just going on memory here, but I think when A.J. was in the game, we either used the off-set I or the single back (only on 3rd down) formations. When we Bilbo was in the game, we ran nothing but shotgun plays. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I can't remember seeing D-Bo lining up under center at all last year either. Even on a 4th and inches play late in the Fresno game, he came out in the shotgun and threw an incomplete pass. Maybe the 5 or 6 plays that were designed for him in the playbook were all in the shotgun.
wink.gif

Don't know about the spring game, but Bilbo had a bad thumb last year which was supposed to have made it tough for him to take a direct snap. Surgery is supposed to have taken care of that.

Bilbo took snaps under center all spring and did not have but a fumble or two in total for the scrimages I saw, and I saw all of them. He supposedly had an injury to his thumb last year, but I think the largest problem he had was the lack of a QB coach who knew how to coach QB fundamentals. Now we have an ex QB coaching him and it will be a huge positive. We ran the I and offset I mostly in the spring. Some one back as I recall.

Back