Friday is GT Day on ACC Network

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
It starts off at midnight with the 2019 win over South Florida.
It gets better from there.
While no win over Georgia is shown, there is the condensed version of the 09 ACCCG against Clemson, plus the 16 Taxslayer Bowl and the nightcap is the 14 Orange Bowl ("they can't stop it, folks")
A couple of hoops games, including 04 regular season against UConn, a women's volleyball match and the ACC baseball championship against Maryland.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm juiced! I remember listening to that UConn game driving to my sisters place back in the day. It will be nice to actually see it.

I wonder if they won't show the UGA wins as they have all been on the SEC network... I guess they own that content too.

It starts off at midnight with the 2019 win over South Florida.
It gets better from there.
Would be hard to get any worse. A win is a win, but that was about the ugliest win I’ve ever seen apart from PJ’s near meltdown against Gardner Web

Would be hard to get any worse. A win is a win, but that was about the ugliest win I’ve ever seen apart from PJ’s near meltdown against Gardner Web

The Georgia Southern game is up there.

The Georgia Southern game is up there.
I actually like going back and watching that Georgia Southern game...that was when I was pretty sure Justin Thomas was the real deal. He put the team on his shoulders that game.

Also....the 09 ACC Championship game is being shown? According to some, I thought that didn't happen :)

as far as I can tell, while YouTube dropped the hammer on GT Bob, there are plenty of Georgia Southern games up on YouTube. I watched the 97 playoff game with FAMU again the other night.
But I digress....

I need to carve out some room for the Orange Bowl win on my DVR. Need to go back through the list and see what needs to go.
Mostly it's stuff with your mom. It's on xvideos anyway.

As the USF game ended this past September, I turned to my buddy and said, "They (bleepin) suck. But we ain't any better."

I'n for the 04 UConn bball game. I remember thinking before that game "this team is legit" and loved watching that confirmation. Maybe someday again????

I'n for the 04 UConn bball game. I remember thinking before that game "this team is legit" and loved watching that confirmation. Maybe someday again????
Watched the 04’ game with some GT buddies at Sorry Charlie’s in downtown Savannah that night. Awesome night...think it was a Friday.

We would have beat their ass again had BJ Elder (hamstring) and Ish (cramps) had been at full strength.

Watched the 04’ game with some GT buddies at Sorry Charlie’s in downtown Savannah that night. Awesome night...think it was a Friday.

We would have beat their ass again had BJ Elder (hamstring) and Ish (cramps) had been at full strength.
I think the final against Texas Tech was Friday and UConn was Wednesday because the tournament was Thanksgiving week. The second meeting I think was less about Elder and Muhammad and more about a healthy Emeka Okafor. He had back spasms in the November game and was a non-factor. The old story floating out there is that Okafor was going to come to Tech in Hewitt’s first recruiting class, but with only one open scholly, Hewitt zeroed in on that Southall guy instead and communication fell off between the two.

I think the final against Texas Tech was Friday and UConn was Wednesday because the tournament was Thanksgiving week. The second meeting I think was less about Elder and Muhammad and more about a healthy Emeka Okafor. He had back spasms in the November game and was a non-factor. The old story floating out there is that Okafor was going to come to Tech in Hewitt’s first recruiting class, but with only one open scholly, Hewitt zeroed in on that Southall guy instead and communication fell off between the two.

Most people forget Elder was our best player in 04’. It would have been nice to see these two teams duke it out at full strength. The amount of fast break points off dunks GT had against UCONN in that preseason NIT Championship was ridiculous.

Wut? That game was awesome. Not always great for us but a hell of a game with a crazy 2nd half, 4Q, last 5 mins, final drive, last minute.

In retrospect (i.e. after seeing the rest of the season play out), I agree. That said, I distinctly remember the energy from the fans after that game, and it was not good. Southern fans were disappointed that they lost after coming behind from a big deficit. Tech fans were relieved but also a little incredulous that it took late game heroics to beat Georgia Southern (especially after the first half beat down). I don't think we were feeling particularly good about our season outlook after that, so I can see how that game leaves a bad taste still for a lot of people. The unis were dope though.

Last edited:
In retrospect (i.e. after seeing the rest of the season play out), I agree. That said, I distinctly remember the energy from the fans after that game, and it was not good. Southern fans were disappointed that they lost after coming behind from a big deficit. Tech fans were relieved but also a little incredulous that it took late game heroics to beat Georgia Southern (especially after the first half beat down). I don't think we were feeling particularly good about our season outlook after that, so I can see how that game leaves a bad taste still for a lot of people. The unis were dope though.

I went back and looked at the GSU roster and yes they were a good team. At the time I wasn't that happy about almost being upset by an FBS team.

I went back and looked at the GSU roster and yes they were a good team. At the time I wasn't that happy about almost being upset by an FBS team.

much like the VT game that changed when Sneezy went upside Logan Thomas' head after what would have been a stop on a third and long and gave them new life, I forget who it was who did the same thing when it would have been fourth and I-16 on Southern's first drive of the second half.
That gave them a spark and the Jackets didn't wake up until the final five minutes.
As fond of Southern and of his time there as he was - and with as many friends he had there and back in Statesboro - PJ might have spontaneously combusted on the sidelines if that had turned into a loss.

how close was that to the old Congress Street Station?

how close was that to the old Congress Street Station?
Well, the Congress Street Social Club is only 0.2 miles west (towards MLK) from Sorry Charlie’s.

Sorry Charlie’s is still there only it’s undergone serious renovations. It’s a fancier oyster bar now...pretty good stuff. However, I do love a good dive bar...which is what it used to be (with sports).

Well, the Congress Street Social Club is only 0.2 miles west (towards MLK) from Sorry Charlie’s.

Sorry Charlie’s is still there only it’s undergone serious renovations. It’s a fancier oyster bar now...pretty good stuff. However, I do love a good dive bar...which is what it used to be (with sports).

i know where congress street social club is. congress street station used to have some great live bands (Mother's Finest, Molly Hatchett) back in the day. It was over between Whitaker and Drayton. It closed some time ago, which was too bad. Great place to see a show.

going back to that first Tech-Southern game, that first half was about as good as the offense looked in any half in a long, long time. It was breath taking and frightening how good the offense was in the first 30 minutes. I was texting some folks during that first half and telling them I've seen PJ's offenses up close for a long time and that's as good as I've seen it look.

Back