Fridge's D is #11 in the country........BUT

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Fridge\'s D is #11 in the country........BUT

THEY HAVE 3 LOSSES! Do you know what we could have done w/ #11 D when lil Joe was here!

When Fridge first went to Maryland I predicted he would struggle initially, however he did a fantastic job w/ the previous coaches recruits.

Now he is having to do with his recruits and it appears the luster is coming off. It will be interesting to see how he responds, but I am not so sure that Maryland will take it to the next level.

Re: Fridge\'s D is #11 in the country........BUT

Their fans (at least on the message board) seems to of gotten bored with winning really quickly. After a BCS bowl your first year, everything seems like a disapointment.

Seems to me that Ralph is a healthy All ACC tailback and an upgrade at QB from being a top 10 team. The young QB we saw Thursday may help in time. Their D is likely the best we will see this year outside of fsu.

It's interesting how people look at a coach's fortunes based on HIS players vs. the previous staff's guys. Most everyone on the board here says just wait until CCG gets HIS players in here! I think it's much more a factor of the players experience with, and belief in a system vs. whose players they are...ala J.Smith, K.Fox, D.Smith, H.Reilly, K.Wallace, N.Curry, J.Butler, E.Henderson, etc. etc. Just a few of GOL's players. Another key factor is the new coach will bring in players that fit his system. CCG will likely do well in this regard. THWG

Maryland's Defense is great, but their strength of schedule is also indicative of their ranking. We on the other hand have played Auburn, NCST, Maryland, FSU, Wake, BYU, Clemson, and Vandy. They have played the Citadel, Eastern Michigan, some other div 1AA school. Our defense is one of the best I've ever seen. I can only dream of how good we could be with the 10 guys we lost. If our offense can ever put it together completely, we'd be scary.

Back