From Verizon

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
I thought you'd find this interesting:

As you may know, we must periodically renew our agreements with TV content providers to be able to provide you with the programming available on Fios® TV.

Despite what you may be hearing from Disney, we have been negotiating a renewal agreement to keep their networks, which include those from Disney and ESPN, as well as ABC affiliates in Philadelphia and New York, in our lineup.

Disney is currently proposing that Verizon pay hundreds of millions of dollars more for its programming, despite the fact that many of its key networks are experiencing declining viewership. In addition to the proposed rate increase, Disney is also demanding we include, and pay for, another regional sports channel, the ACC Network, in order to continue bringing you all the other Disney and ESPN networks we do today. The rising cost of programming is the biggest factor in higher TV bills and we are standing up to networks like Disney, refusing to accept these huge increases.

We’ve given Disney a reasonable offer to continue providing you access to its networks. Unfortunately, as of today, they have rejected our offers and there is a possibility that we won’t be able to reach an agreement with them prior to our contract expiration on December 31, 2018 at 5pm EST.

Rest assured, our goal is to reach a fair agreement allowing you to continue to have access to the networks you enjoy today while securing an agreement that is in the best interest of our customers.

Thank you for choosing Verizon.

I used to be a Verizon customer until their rising rates forced me to switch.

I haven't had the expanded Dish satellite lineup, which includes ESPN, since 2011.

That did not take long.....

ACC Network is part of Disney’s carriage deal with Verizon. John Ourand expects the ACC Network to wind up with expanded basic carriage on Verizon when it launches in August.

Link

That did not take long.....

ACC Network is part of Disney’s carriage deal with Verizon. John Ourand expects the ACC Network to wind up with expanded basic carriage on Verizon when it launches in August.

Link

Weird. It’s like Mickey and crew know what they’re doing while in the business of printing money.

Back