Funny stuff going on with Auburn/Alabama recruits

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
This year there is a lot of Auburn/Alabama battles going on for recruiting. Many of these kids are truly academic challenges to say the least. I happen to see a lot of film and interviews on these kids where I live.

Anyway....Alabama star recruit Earl Alexander has been committed to them for some time but visited Auburn this weekend. Below is his quote:

"As of right now, I'm committed to Alabama but I'm still considering Auburn," he added.

These kids really need some help with the definition of "commitment". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

Anyone Following Recruiting In This Day ....

and age should accept that, prior until actually receiving their signature on an LOI, recruits who say they are "committed" are merely expressing a preference. Sometimes it may actually be a strong preference, but these kids don't have any idea what it means to be committed.

Re: Anyone Following Recruiting In This Day ....

I certainly agree with you.

Don't you think it's entirely possible that the higher profile (3+ stars) recruits get pressured into giving a verbal by the recruiting hucksters? Kind of like breaking a story to flash on their websites.

Re: Anyone Following Recruiting In This Day ....

They need to come up with another word instead of commitment for these kids. Actually, the kids should just not call it a commitment, they should call it a 'strong lean' or 'big leader'.

A commitment means you are definitely going to the school and the school is committed to you and will not give the spot away.

The entire thing is pretty funny if you think about it. I am not sure how many posters on this board have relationships with high school juniors and seniors to fully understand just how young these kids are.

Heck, when you talk to college kids one on one they look older...but when they open their mouth you realize they are just kids. I will say college seniors seem to be poised by that point.

Back