Further SEC Expansion?

Those three plus one teams will be Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Notre Dame and the league will be formed. Or going for more, include USCw, UNC, and Oregon.

Because Paul Finebaum suggested something that won’t happen?
No. I said IF. We need to be prepared for any possible scenario so we can make the best decision if things change. Our AD's have a history of bad decisions unfortunately.

Of every team is in the SEC, is it still the SEC?

Basically, they are looking to just create an NFL sized league of 32 or so teams, eventually
This is exactly what the NIL is going to do sadly, create a league of only power players and everyone left behind will be left to suffer and many of the smallest schools will have to decide if they want to keep a football program. They need to revamp the NIL with limits and transfer limits/regualtions, etc (if it's not too late already) before college football is ruined. The big schools will be able to organize their boosters to get the NIL deals done to get the best players and widen the talent gap even further. The teams left behind will suffer from poorer ratings, less TV contract money and fuel the gap even further.

Yes the league of powerbrokers will be 32 teams or so, but remember they currently have a good balance of the weak teams. As the SEC adds more and more of the big boys, something is going to give and it won't necessarily be pleasant for everyone. Although it's only about the money so...
By the way, as the SEC expands, the ACC's ability to get on ESPN et al shrinks and funds will dry up that way too. The ACC, Big Ten and Pac should attack or they will be eaten.

We may see a split into two leagues but I’m not sure FSU and Clemson offer the SEC much. Texas & Oklahoma open up major media access into the southwest, FSU and Clemson are already covered. I suspect it’s an expansion northward if it happens at all, or maybe more of the Midwest, but it will need to be teams that enhance the pie.

Of every team is in the SEC, is it still the SEC?

Basically, they are looking to just create an NFL sized league of 32 or so teams, eventually
This is where things are moving. I think they'll Push for Ohio State + other midwest power (ND, Mich, or Penn St) before they go for Clem/FSU. If they added all 4 they'd have a 20-team league that controls every major market west of the Rockies and will have destroyed both the B10 and B12. Any school turning down an SEC invite is making a very risky decision at this point.

Last edited:
This is where things are moving. I think they'll Push for Ohio State + other midwest power (ND, Mich, or Penn St) before they go for Clem/FSU. If they added all 4 they'd have a 20-team league that controls every major market west of the Rockies and will have destroyed both the B10 and B12. Any school turning down an SEC invite is making a very risky decision at this point.
They should push for USC, Oregon, and Washington.

Any SEC mega super conference bullshit would start with kicking Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy, Mizzou, Arkansas, USC, and Kentucky out.

Those teams are utterly worthless to the conference prestige.

GT would jump in a heart beat if the SEC came calling. I wouldnt blame any school if they chose to leave the ACC or any other conference at this point. The narrative, and to a degree the reality, of the SEC is hard to compete against.
But will muttville allow that to happen? We've been down that path before.

Agree Clemson and FSU do not provide much. I would suspect VT, UNC, NCST would be more ideal targets.

Back