FWIW

refrigeratormover

Dodd-Like
I had an opportunity Friday to go and visit the new addition under the north stands. While I have stated in the past I did not support this addition I must admit it is going to take GT to the next level as far as recruiting is concerned. I remember in 83 walking into the Edge building thinking how great this was but fans you need to go see this.

A couple of top recruits are rethinking and has put GT back in the mix. Also, had a chance to speak with CCG for a couple of minutes and you do see a huge sense of urgency and excitement not only from him but from the other coaches I spoke with. Glenn Spencer while he has kad some setbacks at DL is as pumped as I have seen him since his playing days.

Being a realist I know that this year is going to be tough but looking at the big picture I feel good about what is happening with the football program. However, as I said before a change needs to be made at the top and hopefully that is going to happen sooner or later. This time of year is always hard for me because football was my life for 20 years and the memories come back every year.

There is not another place I would rather be than at BOBBY DODD STADIUM @ HISTORIC GRANT FIELD on a saturday in the fall. I for one am pumped and look forward to seeing the TECH faithful show up and make a difference on saturday's this fall.

Thanks John. I am pulling big time for Chan. Your words about his sense of urgency give me some hope.

Dewberry up to the line... BIG JOHN DAVIS OVER THE BALL !!

-Al Ciraldo-

Sorry, couldn't resist..
smile.gif

alright!

i'm behind the head coach too. i don't know as much as you do mr. davis nor do i claim to. it's good to see that some ex players who have concerns take the time and go and use their leverage to look and see first hand what's going on.

still waiting for coleman rudolph to face the team in the locker room and tell them that even 15 of 'em on the field couldn't beat auburn.

also want him to face the team and dismiss the nc st win last year as a miracle.

but he's probably being negative to motivate the team a la beebad

Originally posted by ylojk8:
alright!

i'm behind the head coach too. i don't know as much as you do mr. davis nor do i claim to. it's good to see that some ex players who have concerns take the time and go and use their leverage to look and see first hand what's going on.

still waiting for coleman rudolph to face the team in the locker room and tell them that even 15 of 'em on the field couldn't beat auburn.

also want him to face the team and dismiss the nc st win last year as a miracle.

but he's probably being negative to motivate the team a la beebad
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are catching on, ylo.. Last year we used the pat on the back & the horse gave an uneven performance then faded in the stretch.. this year we are supporting the coach & team by using the whip right from the opening gate.. I can see by what Mr. Davis said about chan & the coaching staff's sense of urgency that they are responding to the taste of the whip...

Great Post Rmover!

We are all looking for that silver lining and ANYTHING positive on the field will fill the bandwagon up.

We need that first W in a MAJOR way.

Thanks for the informative post, John, and for clearing the air on this dawg infested imb.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
alright!

i'm behind the head coach too. i don't know as much as you do mr. davis nor do i claim to.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BUWAHAHAHAH!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard come out of your mouth Ylo...

Now why didn't you call Mr. Davis an idiot and moron for not approving of Braine as our AD?

As funny as it was, you are dead on that your 2.5 years in America and following GT football means you don't know as much as him, or me, are the vast majority of GT fans when it comes to this program and our school. It does mean however that you discovered the internet and an ability to attack people for something you disgaree with. I understand though.. you are still a rookie to this whole "freedom" thing.

I will be sure to remind you in the future that you are not claiming to know anything just in case that little fact slips your mind.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">yeah, cause he's doing it the right way. he's an insider and he has gone and spoken to the people in charge. he knows what he's talking about.

most fools here on the other hand are just jerking their knees.

BWHAHAHAHAH .. makes you feel manly to type that laugh out?

how about pfffffffffffffffffft? very dismissive huh?

when morons come on this site and call tech personnel idiots and cancer behind a facade of their opinion, i will form an opinion about them and state it as blandly.

you have never derided any tech personnel the way idiots and morons do and i have never called you an idiot or a moron for not supporting dave braine. i'm sorry if your feeble brain can't recall the problem that i have with you.

my problem with you is if you renege on a pledge made to the GTAA. i have repeatedly stated that you can withdraw your support, it's your prerogative, however if you renege on a pledge made to the GTAA, in my eyes you are a dishonorable filthy jerk.

go read my posts in the archive and that is exactly my position towards you and it is consistent. it will not change.

as far as you calling out the fact that i'm a foreigner who hasn't been around tech sports for more than 2.5 years, for those people who were wondering what mudblood and muggleborn means .. here it is in the open.

beeserk here is a pureblood who's calling out a mudblood for doing the same thing that a pureblood is doing .. forming extreme opinions and stating them fearlessly. way to go.

yeah, i love the freedom of the internet and hey, i didn't discover it recently. i've been on the internet for a long time. i am not a "rookie" to the whole "freedom" thing, whether that has to do with the internet or whether that has to do with america.

i am a rookie when it comes to tech sports. that won't prevent me from forming similar opinions as most idiots and morons do on this board. i don't care whether you've been going to tech games for 50 years. if you act like an idiot in my eyes, i will call you an idiot. if you got a problem with that, do something about it.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
alright!

i'm behind the head coach too. i don't know as much as you do mr. davis nor do i claim to.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BUWAHAHAHAH!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard come out of your mouth Ylo...

Now why didn't you call Mr. Davis an idiot and moron for not approving of Braine as our AD?

As funny as it was, you are dead on that your 2.5 years in America and following GT football means you don't know as much as him, or me, are the vast majority of GT fans when it comes to this program and our school. It does mean however that you discovered the internet and an ability to attack people for something you disgaree with. I understand though.. you are still a rookie to this whole "freedom" thing.

I will be sure to remind you in the future that you are not claiming to know anything just in case that little fact slips your mind.

great to see you posting big fella! i'm eagerly looking forward to seeing the stadium during fan day saturday and as always i'll be cheering on my beloved jackets there this fall!

Back