FYI--helpful hints

gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
I am going to make this a FOR YOUR INFORMATION post to show some of the options with stingtalk.

As you can see this site has MANY options and we are ALL getting use to it.

1. There are more gremlins than the 14 shown here. If you want to use other gremlins it is a very easy process. Here are a few links that have a large number.

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3

LINK4

when you click on the icon just COPY the ubb code in the box which is at the top or the side, then PASTE in the body of your message like this
s1_lookaround_w.gif

how.gif

2. YOU CAN EDIT OR DELETE your post. It is ok to try anything and if you do not like it then change it or delete it. You can also PREVIEW your post before you post it.

3. The code that allows us to put the gremlins in also allows you to bold, quote, put in links and underline. All of this is just normal ubb code and is explained in this link

LINK4

4. You can also search topics. This button is at the top right of every page under the new topic and reply buttons. There is also a FAQ (freqently asked questions) button beside it.

5. I know we get new members that come after some posts. Feel free to look over any prior post. If you reply to the post then that post will pop up to the top of the board.

these are just a few of the options and I encourage you to experiment with them. Like I said earlier you can always delete or edit your message.

We are still a new website but we are growing and we will be adding some enhancements and will continue to make the site better. If you have any questions I can be emailed at gtfan@penn.com

We have gotten some new users, so I decided to revive this post.

ukliam3.gif

We are still on schedule to add some enhancements for the start of the football season. I think everyone will be pleased with the new areas.

Beestorm and I are happy with the continual growth of stingtalk. I think it shows that the GT sports community can support two quality sites.

As everyone has probably noticed Beestorm and I try not to interrupt the free flow of ideas. One of our main purposes for setting up this site was to create a forum for GT fans to have frank discussions. But please understand that we are accessible and if anyone has any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at gtfan@penn.com or beestorm at the admin email address.

Sincerely,

gtfan

Ditto for me... you guys are doing a great job with Stingtalk... and I am thankful we have it...

Back