FYI, interesting chat summary on Hive! Pls.

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
read. You will find it quite informative. I think it is entitled "Final Summary of Chat" or something like that. It is by Greg Garrett. It will confirm a lot of our suspicions. Check it out!

The chatroom got overloaded before he could make his points, and those pts. are quite revealing.

Interseting. I think that Chan, given some time, will prove to be a capable and qualified coach.

From what GG said I think division 2 is inevevitable. That being 5 to 10 years down the road. GG wrapped it up recruiting going bad and cg didn't know what to expect. If the head coach has got to figure it out then it is already too late. See ya Delaware St.

techrod, i agree, but it surely is sad. It makes me wonder if there was a conspiracy among Clough and academia w/DB to de-emphasize football?

Naaahhhh...that could not bee. Perhaps it was just a mistake. Perhaps DB, etc. thought CG knew more than he did.

I THINK IT IS A LIE FOR DB TO SAY ONLY A FEW IN GA. ARE QUALIFIED FOR GT CURRICULUM!!

Thank you, lawbee. I do not know how to do that. What do you think of info?

FWIW, Gregg Garrett is wrong as many times as he is right and alot of that was his opinion and not fact. Now on recruiting he does seemed to be tuned in more than others. I recruiting thus far is alarming.

I think GG has an agenda that is a mile wide. It does not take much to turn a program around. All it takes is a great coach.

Wake came in here and slapped us around with weaker athletes. All b/c they had a better coach.

If ANYONE thinks that GT paid all that money for a bigger stadium so they could have empty seats they are kidding themselves.

Right now Gailey makes more money than Richt at a school that draws much less money from football revenue.

GT will have a sucessful football program. The question is whether CG can deliver. If he cannot then they will find someone who can.

Lawbee, it can be turned around with strong support from the administration which also includes the ouster of cg. My money and time can't wait for years on end. Greg has already stated chan didn't have a clue and poor recruiting effort to boot spells disaster right ahead. Look out Duke here we come!!!!!!!!!

Let's see, wasn't it just about two years ago this month that Adams handed Donnan his walking papers? Now UGA is in the hunt for the BCS Championship.

It all begins and ends with the Head Coach.

No such thing as a good HC who can't recruit, put together a winning game plan, and get his players motivated for the game.

IF, we take a step back now to get a top HC, why should we expect anything less than a complete turnaround in less than two years?

There is a risk. Moreover, it’s a very real one; that the selection committee will come up with another dud.

Maybe that’s the underlying concern with many of our posters who think Gailey is awful but must be given a second year.

71, and didn't Adams say he was embarrassed by performance against GT? Embarrassed that fans were leaving at halftime cause of performance on field?

All I ask is for those in the know to want to win as much as we do and will see to it that they hire the right man for the job and do their homework in order to do that.

I can't beleive what some of you are saying. Our defense has played three bad halves the entire season. The whole team melted down against UGAg (for whatever reason) but they certainly showed up to play UVA and NC State. If the team played all season like they did last Saturday I would be more concerned. To make some of the statements I have read here after 1 bad game makes me question your motives (read agendas). Save the nit picking of games we should have won but did not. We were an RCH short of a 10-2 season this year but all you want to do is cry and make things worse for everyone. You a-holes have no idea how well recruiting is going or not going. The only info we have is from Greg Garrett who used the term "slow" not abysmal. But I tell you what, keep talking like the program is spinning out of control and you can bet your ass the recruiting will go poorly. The players lost this game you idiots, not the coaches. If anyone owes an apology around here it is them.

Did I read this correctly?

We hired a coach that doesnt understand that recruiting is important.

Our program may or may not survive the new requirements? Is he telling us to expect Vandy - Duke type of teams in the future?

Are we looking at Div II as an option?

What the Hell is happening on the flats?

I'm an old man in poor health and if we let this bozo stay here three more years and ruin our program then I probably won't live long enough to see us have a top tier team again. Saturday was the darkest day in Tech's football history and I don't think I can take any more like that. But if this BUFFOON stay's here this will be a common occurence.

Some of this stuff may be right and some may not, but just remember GGs melt down last year on the Hive. He has contacts most of us don't but he doesn't necessarily really know what is going on.

Back