G W G This week....

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
Good Homecoming look. As good a jersey combination as any if you’re going for a historic, program-defining upset that will have highlights viewed by millions across the country and will be replayed on ACCN until the end of time.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Wish the gold was richer....it looks light & faded.
Is his gut hanging out?
I thought it looked green at Syracuse, like the McCamish Pavilion floor paint was for a year or two. It depends on the lighting. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it looks bad.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Love the Gold hats and Gold pants. That’s what Shaan Jones, Coleman, Swilling, Joe Ham and the guys that played on the really good GT teams wore. Make them permanent and ditch the PSU white pajamas look.

Last edited:

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
Like it. Was kind of interested in seeing what a gold-blue-white combo may have looked like since we’re honoring the 1990 team.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Like it. Was kind of interested in seeing what a gold-blue-white combo may have looked like since we’re honoring the 1990 team.
We wore G/B/W 2 years ago at home vs Clemson.

That was the game where Lawrence officially took over the reigns from Kelly Bryant after we made Clemson punt on the 1st 2 drives. Then TQM got strip sacked at the goal line for Clem to get an easy defensive score to get going.

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
We wore G/B/W 2 years ago at home vs Clemson.

That was the game where Lawrence officially took over the reigns from Kelly Bryant after we made Clemson punt on the 1st 2 drives. Then TQM got strip sacked at the goal line for Clem to get an easy defensive score to get going.

thought it was gold pants for some reason.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Love the Gold hats and Gold pants. That’s what Shaan Jones, Coleman, Swilling, Joe Ham and the guys that played on the really good GT teams wore. Make them permanent and ditch the PSU white pajamas look.
Gold, white, gold every game is soooooo boring, especially the super light shade of gold that Tech uses. As has been mentioned, the throwback uni gold is 100x better. Go ahead, I know this will get a lot of thumbs downs and big cries.

GTg8r

Varsity Lurker
better uniform. note: real old gold, not beige.
1 GT uniform_2014_GaSo.jpg

I swear I remember an AJC article about Tech moving to "Vegas Gold"
Maybe it was the year we played Arizona out there.

At any rate, if you read the Uniform sites, you can see that the mid-90's the whole sports uniform industry moved to "Vegas Gold" as the standard gold if you don't want to have the blaze yellow like Michigan or Cal.

There was a really good history on "gold" uniforms on a Notre Dame blog as well.

All that to say, Tech has seemed to be closer to mustard yellow over the years.
But I like that this "adidas sand" color matches the helmet and the Wreck.
It just looks different depending on the lighting.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Yep, and some of the really good GT teams also wore White hats, White shirts, and shiny Gold Pants.