Gailey article in Augusta paper

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
put the arrow here and click
grin.gif
drinking.gif

That ole Chan sure is a media darling & so quotable, too.
Bill Lewis looked me in the eyes & said he was excited about Ga Tech football. Yeah, well, I think he got over that fairly quickly.

"I'm afraid there might be scant good and an awful lot of bad to remember come season's end. If that's the case, the Georgia Tech future that Gailey is so excited about might not include him."
well stated
BOO

Yep. Hopefully we are wrong ghost, but our AD situation still must be fixed before the season's end in case the more likely scenario happens. By the way, I wish we had 22 starters returning like Duke. Those guys have to be the hungriest guys in the league and lost 4 ACC games by 5 or less including OT to Clemson and last second field goal to UNC. But hey, let's just go right ahead and assume that everything evens out because that means we are going to kick somebody's rearend I guess.

Yep. Hopefully we are wrong ghost, but our AD situation still must be fixed before the season's end in case the more likely scenario happens. By the way, I wish we had 22 starters returning like Duke. Those guys have to be the hungriest guys in the league and lost 4 ACC games by 5 or less including OT to Clemson and last second field goal to UNC. But hey, let's just go right ahead and assume that everything evens out because that means we are going to kick somebody's rearend I guess.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
"I'm afraid there might be scant good and an awful lot of bad to remember come season's end. If that's the case, the Georgia Tech future that Gailey is so excited about might not include him."
well stated
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Some Augusta hack's opinion does not mean jack squat with me. Throwing that statement in at the end of the article shows that he A) Is a bona fide hack (absolutely) or B) Is a UGetanA fan (almost certainly). I can't believe that us Tech fans take crap like this about our coach and our team on a constant basis.
Some people just ain't happy around here unless they are complaining. Chan will do his job and he will do it to the best of his ability. I happen to believe that he is entirely capable of leading Tech to success.

You have to like his opening quotes though...that is the first I have seen as far as tough talk or fire.

"You need to walk in our locker room and tell those guys they're not going to contend," the Georgia Tech coach shot back. "I'd like to see you do that."

Would someone who did that be in physical danger?

"You might be," Gailey said.

i like the quote about him getting prickly with the out of state reporter.

hey coleman rudolph, please go in the locker room and tell the team that we cannot beat auburn with 15 players on the field.

i LOVE the fact that these reporters are writing us off. i can't wait for the season to start when these ACC media folk who don't know jack about any sport beside college basketball look like absolute fools once again.

maryland was supposed to finish 7th when the won the title. oh that was because the fridge started coaching em.

virginia was supposed to finish 8th last year and they ended up being runner up. oh that was because of their great recruiting classes.

ga tech has been ranked 8th and this mutt with the chronicle thinks we should be ranked 9th. excellent.

august 28th can't arrive soon enough.

And your point was? Maryland has the best staff in the league. UVA has had 2 great recruiting classes and a coach that is a strict disciplinarian (although they seem to blow it every year) I see nothing wrong with the prediction. We could end up 5th and still only win 3 games so 5-8 place could be splitting hairs this year. I cant wait for the season to start either because we have a great home schedule for once in a while. By the way, dont we have a new punter and place kicker this year, along with 3 new starters in DB backfield, and new QB pretty much, new starting RB's, 2 new dl's, fastest WR gone because of grades, and 15 true Freshman getting "significant" playing time? I would pick us 8th if I am a writer too. Yea, it doesnt mean anything I agree, but I also would pick us there this year.

jk8, you have made me feel 40 years younger. I really did believe in Santa Clause in 1963.

I still do not have proof that Clause does not exist. With that in mind, "Were #1.!!!

MY realist side says we win 5,3,3 over the next three years. Improvements on that win record will shorten the self imposed probation by Braine considerably.

Seriously, its imperative that all Tech fans that truly love TECH football, get off its ass, and make damn sure that this program is doing the things you want done. There are no automatics here. Gone are the days of "we will get it right, you'll see" without the monitoring from those of us that truly care about TECH football without a paycheck attached to it.

LL, good post although it will be hard to win 5 games if we cant score more than 14 points. The checking start at the top of the AA and works its way down.

I guess my whole deal starts with the AD and having the right organizational skills where the Monitoring is never an issue. I guess I should say the checks and balances from marketing to academics is why the AD gets paid big bucks. I dont want a President like Adams, because you could never get a good AD in here. But that is even more of a reason to have a strong AD. I am not one to brush off the fiasco of gradegate because it is one of the worst things that has happened at GT in my life. And there may be a few more, hopefully not. Just shuffling around some people is not the answer. Removal of those responsible is a beginning.

Oh, I do agree, and understand. My position is that we are in limbo now.... Braine will be gone, and he will be gone because he has quit on us.

Chan actually has the chance, in my opinion, to be a hero at GT. If he can directionalize the frustrations of a year and use it to build this bunch of boys into 6-7 game winners this year, he will have my respect. If this should happen, his exploits should be written in one of the coffee table books we all love to buy.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Oh, I do agree, and understand. My position is that we are in limbo now.... Braine will be gone, and he will be gone because he has quit on us.

Chan actually has the chance, in my opinion, to be a hero at GT. If he can directionalize the frustrations of a year and use it to build this bunch of boys into 6-7 game winners this year, he will have my respect. If this should happen, his exploits should be written in one of the coffee table books we all love to buy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are spot on my friend. Whether you like him or not, if Gailey can pull out a .500 record then he did a heck of a job.

The problem is that our AD will continue to undermine the possibly good work of Gailey through stupid marketing, parking, seating, and gameday issues. THe fans are already pissed off simply because of how they have been treated by the GTAA. Throw in the uga game and bowl game last year which still upsets people. If we have a losing season, then all hell will break loose.

Gailey very well could lose his job because of the difference in 6-6 and 5-7. I don't think that it is fair, but his boss has set him up for failure.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are spot on my friend. Whether you like him or not, if Gailey can pull out a .500 record then he did a heck of a job.

The problem is that our AD will continue to undermine the possibly good work of Gailey through stupid marketing, parking, seating, and gameday issues. THe fans are already pissed off simply because of how they have been treated by the GTAA. Throw in the uga game and bowl game last year which still upsets people. If we have a losing season, then all hell will break loose.

Gailey very well could lose his job because of the difference in 6-6 and 5-7. I don't think that it is fair, but his boss has set him up for failure.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I had us at 6-6 going before flunkoutgate, 4-8 now... Still think Braine will be canned and gailey will get a free pass 'cause losing the 10 players won't be perceived as his fault... The new AD will use next year to give gailey a token chance before looking elsewhere...

"Representing truth, justice, and the American Way?"

Space well rented Beebad. Don't know how accurate it is... but for some reason it fits.

Anyways, I think all the bad press is going to light a fire under these kids. I think we go to another bowl. Don't care if it's a crap bowl. I predict 7-5 with a bowl victory.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
"Representing truth, justice, and the American Way?"

Space well rented Beebad. Don't know how accurate it is... but for some reason it fits.

Anyways, I think all the bad press is going to light a fire under these kids. I think we go to another bowl. Don't care if it's a crap bowl. I predict 7-5 with a bowl victory.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have more gonads than I do on predictions, but I like it! When GT wins, we all win.

I like your belief in lighting fires. We are in a very unique situation in that many kids will get trial by fire. I firmly believe that some of them well step up to the plate and surprise us.

Back