Gailey....boxers or briefs?

Very disturbing that the Georgia teams can't beat the Florida teams. Ga has lost 12 outta 13 to Fla & GT has lost 11 straight to Fla St. That's an awful long time to take back seats to those teams.
It makes the Georgia teams & Georgia players look 2nd class to the Florida teams. The Yellow Jackets AND the Bulldogs have got to start beating the Gators & Seminoles. That's maybe the main reason that the GT-Ga game just doesn't generate the national interest (or even regional interest) that the FSU-Fla game does.
This excruciating trend must stop to get the spotlight on the GT-Ga game. We'll never be able to recruit the SE region like we both should until both teams beat the Fla monsters.

this was the first year we had the better team.

I think you are over simplifying it. Oklahoma had lost 10 straight to Colorado.

Maryland has lost at least 10 straight.

This is the worst loss for US b/c this is the first one we SHOULD have one.

Georgia was NEVER the better team against Spurrier.

Ugag may have been this year but only marginally.

Point remains:we can't win when we shoulda, can't pull an upset when we should'tna. FSU-Fla still viewed as higher profile than GT-Ga. FSU, Fla still recruit better. We've got to win these games to change perspective of media, players, coaches, fans, recruits, etc, etc.

I think everyone realizes this was a very winnable game. We had some lapses on defense, but the defense played well enough for us to win.

We had them in our house, and their feeling of immortality had been crushed. They has already lost three games, and knew they could be beaten.

Since it was a winnable game, why did we not win? If you go back over the game, I think you will find the same pattern as some of our other loses. In my analysis of the season, we have gradually improved on the defensive side of the ball, but have a lot of short comings on the offensive side.

It appears from my perspective, we have some poor play calling plus some player personnel changes to correct on the offensive side of the game. I think if either one of these two offensive items had been corrected, we would have had a better chance of defeating FSU. We are shooting ourselves in the foot and not allowing our team to be as good as it could be.

wink.gif

Us OFs can remember when FSU and UF both belonged to us. Dodd helped FSU get its program rolling by scheduling them, and Fla did not win the SEC til Steve got there. There is a cyclical aspect to college sports, and I think we're still going up from a bad bottoming in the mid-90's. Miami, who Georgia used to schedule after us, apparently to guarantee a "bowl trip" at season's end, has had an incredible string of luck in coaching hires., UF and FSU were average to poor before Bowden and Steve.

We're on the way up, take heart!

Back