Gailey call-in show recap...

GT98

Dodd-Like
listened to the call-in show at lunch, a few things that I can remember...

o-line:

strength on the left side, Senior Blake starting at right guard, soph. Wallace at RT. Ed note: w/three soph.'s on the line, could be a strength if they can jell.

substitutions:

set pattern initially for the offense, as game situations dictate for the defense (i.e. who needs a quick breather, etc.). Reiterated getting Bilbo out there to see what he can do--only way to get better is to play.

running back:

being cautious w/Ford since concussions are a "gray area" (no pun intended). Hollings has improved a lot over the last 2 weeks of practice, Clinkscale has had a very good fall and will be the 3rd down back and has pretty good hands. Dixon is now a fullback exclusively; more comfortable there and has played well.

scouting Vandy:

expects to see the option since Johnson has run that everywhere he has been. Expects Vandy to try and get their main receiver, Stricker on isolation or one-on-one matchups (compared him to Ed Macafery sp. w/the Broncos) since he runs good routes, has good hands and can do something after he catches it. Also, noted how Vandy likes to run out of pass formations and pass out of run formations in order to keep the defense off guard and create more favorable matchups.

keys to the game:

Special teams/kicking game is key--easy way to lose or dig yourself into a hole is by having mistakes, blocks, etc. on special teams.

Turnover ratio and sack ratio very important.

According to Wes Durham, Fox Sports South (as of yesterday afternoon) has picked up the Uconn game on the 7th to broadcast throughout the SE. The YES network will carry it for those of you in the NE.

Lastly, players/coaches looking forward to Sat. night, sell out crowd, new stadium, ready to get after it. See you guys at the game...

GO JACKETS!!!

Great news on FSNS picking up the UConn game
smile.gif
- as much as I would like to burn my flight benefits and go in person, I don't think it's going to happen.

Thanks for the report!

GTT - as usual thanks for the recap, you do a great job keeping us informed! Hope you stop by the corner of Techwood and Bobby Dodd Way before the game!!

2002 Year of the Jackets!!!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
GTT - as usual thanks for the recap, you do a great job keeping us informed! Hope you stop by the corner of Techwood and Bobby Dodd Way before the game!!

2002 Year of the Jackets!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ummm, uhhhh...that was me (GT98) filling in...
wink.gif

grin.gif

addt'l info...

Watkins and Dennis Davis will return kickoffs.

True freshmen, Reis, Vince Gillam and Ace likely to see some playing time.

Thanks for the recap. It's good to see people helping those of us who are unable to get the call-in show.

Thanks for the recap. I was listening at work but unfortunately
mad.gif
I tend to get distracted by my work and miss things.

Back