Gailey, expectations for Tech football and more musings

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
mm42: You are correct that we never had any defense when Coach O'leary was here as the head coach.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I did NOT say that, and it is NOT correct. We had a respectable defense at times during O'Leary's tenure, but never one "good enough to win every game" as was claimed.

The 2001 defense was top 40 in every defensive caegory - how is that no defense?

Our defense was also respectable in 1995 and 1996.

It was pretty horrible from 1997-2000, about the same period where our offense was strong.

I will grant that we "never had any defense" in 1999. That was the worst defense in GT history, probably by a wide margin.

...But now the shoe is on the other foot. Coach Gailey deserves the heat because this is his offense, his offensive coordinators and his play calling.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

But it's not his players. If the offense stinks 2 years from now when Chan has a stable of his own players I will happily agree he isn't doing his job (either in recruiting or coaching or both), but right now the cupboard for skill players on offense is not as full as it needs to be.

What's your diagnosis for UGA's offense this year? Fire Mark Richt? My diagnosis is they lost a lot of talented players to injuries and expired eligibility and they don't have enough left to dominate on offense - about the same as us.

The heat needs to be turned up and the offense held accountable...win or lose.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I want our offense to get better as much as anyone. I just don't see any magic pixie dust out there that would immediately solve our problems.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by statelinejacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dude...go sell crazy somewhere else...

If we were undefeated right now with an average
offensive output of 13 points we wouldn't be
holding the offense accountable for anything
beyond scoring enough to win.

What is this "win or lose" crap?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dude, go to sleep and dream happy thoughts of three and outs and twenty-five yard punts....with Tenuta's defense keeping Chandler's offense from getting the whole team burned.

Originally posted by mm42:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by statelinejacket:
mm42: You are correct that we never had any defense when Coach O'leary was here as the head coach.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I did NOT say that, and it is NOT correct. We had a respectable defense at times during O'Leary's tenure, but never one "good enough to win every game" as was claimed.

The 2001 defense was top 40 in every defensive caegory - how is that no defense?

Our defense was also respectable in 1995 and 1996.

It was pretty horrible from 1997-2000, about the same period where our offense was strong.

I will grant that we "never had any defense" in 1999. That was the worst defense in GT history, probably by a wide margin.

...But now the shoe is on the other foot. Coach Gailey deserves the heat because this is his offense, his offensive coordinators and his play calling.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

But it's not his players. If the offense stinks 2 years from now when Chan has a stable of his own players I will happily agree he isn't doing his job (either in recruiting or coaching or both), but right now the cupboard for skill players on offense is not as full as it needs to be.

What's your diagnosis for UGA's offense this year? Fire Mark Richt? My diagnosis is they lost a lot of talented players to injuries and expired eligibility and they don't have enough left to dominate on offense - about the same as us.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I want our offense to get better as much as anyone. I just don't see any magic pixie dust out there that would immediately solve our problems.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You do have a point in that it was respectable when we had Keith Brookings and Ron Rogers at linebacker. But mostly my point was George O'leary defenses was bad and very bad when he was the head coach as compared to '89 thru '91 when he was the Yellow Jackets defensive coordinator. As for Georgia and their problems....probably injuries to starters all through out the offense has thrown them out of sync. They started the season in good shape on offense but their pass protection is very poor. Coach Richt has remarked that losing Tony Milton has really hurt them in that he is their sole runningback with the ability to pick up the blitz....Key Fox meet David Greene! All and all injuries have ruined what I thought was the second best team in the nation next to Oklahoma and possibly even better than the Sooners. But they was sooooo lucky last year injurie wise with a team not quite as loaded.....it was bound to catch up with them this year.

Beeware=crybaby

What is Mac's record now beeware? Oh, that's right, he is NOT a HC yet. When is he going to get a HC job beewuss?? beeware=dawg

Pretty freakin' sad when other fans/coaches/media give our coaches/players more "love" than our "supposed" fans.
puke.gif

BuzzOff Beeware

Back