Gailey gets an xtra $25K for getting to Silicon Valley

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
It wouldn't have mattered which Bowl Tech went to (besides BCS Bowls) as far as the $25,000 bonus to Gailey is concerned. No wonder we were willing to go to San Jose or Seattle or Charlotte or Orlando.--doesn't matter to the coaching staff, the same bonus applies.
If GT wins Tues then Gailey receives another xtra $25,000. That 'ought' to be pretty good incentive for the coaching staff to get prepared to play Fresno & I know Goldtimer will be happy to see that there is a monetary reward for winning the Bowl, which matters a lot to Tech people.
Surely this article doesn't mean that Gailey will be getting a $610,000 raise, or does it? Will we be paying over $1.6 million to a coach who has won 7 games in a 12 game sched & put up the worst game vs Ga in history? How does it sound to ya'll?

Gailey gets $25K bonus for getting to Silicon Valley

I'm all for coaches getting incentive pay. Same bonus should apply to "Rival" games. By the way, getting embarrassed in a rival game should cost the coach as well.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I'm all for coaches getting incentive pay. Same bonus should apply to "Rival" games. By the way, getting embarrassed in a rival game should cost the coach as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think that rule already applies. You don't win rival games, you get canned. Look at Donnan's record.

Goldbuzz, clearly says that Gailey's 5 yr contract (& there's some Tech fans who don't think Gailey has a signed 5 yr contract with all the bells & whistles attached & is only operating on his word that he'll stay here) states that he is to receive annual raises in salary ($270,000 this yr) & broadcasting ($340,000 this yr). Is that a $610,000 raise or not. What do you think?

GT Ace- Those are the current compensation for those two parts of his pay package:

1) Salary = 270k
2) Radio and Tv = $340k

The article implies that he can receive annual raises for those two pieces of his pay package

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree with you here BDG... I would love to see incentive pay for rival games...

Anybody know how much Gailey would get if he won the ACC. I remember it being a nice chunk of change, but can't remember the amount. It was about a hundred grand, I think.

Back