"Gailey made the coaching move of the yr, so far,

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
when he appointed Fr Reggie Ball as the starting QB". So says Carlton Tudor, writing for the Raleigh News-Observer. Tudor mentions that Gailey & Grobe are the frontrunners for ACC Coach-of-the-Year.
Mr Tudor also adds that "the ACC is still a one horse conference, til Miami arrives". Kinda cute the way he says "#2 through #7 in the ACC standings are like a litter of newborn kittens". (they're almost the same).
I thought it was a good read:

Coaching move of the yr

It is a good read but he talked more of MD, NCSt and Va. Wish he had spoken more of Tech and the amazing year we have had so far.

Sounds like a flameout post on the DawgVent, it really does. Terrible SEC homer caliber journalism. Barnhart would never write that.

He points out GT's loss to BYU (Reggie Ball's 1st game EVER), citing their 4-5 record but disregarding both what has happened to Georgia Tech since and the turmoil that BYU has faced.

Then he goes on to say how great UGA is because they beat Vandy and UAB in spite of injuries. Whoop-dee-doo.

No mention of Maryland's win over WVU (which obviosly can "hang with Miami and Virginia Tech), and no mention of Tech's win over Auburn. I guess because Alabama lost to Northern Illinois just like Maryland that the SEC isn't very "scary" either. Nice how he selectively picks which games to recognize and which ones to ignore.

Just a stupid column IMHO by an obvious SEC homer (and if not he sure is trying to be one).

In the ACC it is WAR every week, just like the SEC. Those who have followed the ACC for some years know how much different it is than it used to be with Wake, NCST, and former doormat Maryland stepping it up.

Originally posted by GT flunkout:

Just a stupid column IMHO by an obvious SEC homer (and if not he sure is trying to be one).

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Tudor is a tabacco road homer. I agree with everything else you said.

Foggy, GT's time is coming, soon. If we sweep the state of NCar & edge out UVa there, they won't stop writing about the 'return' of Ga Tech.
Lots of football left & the shakeout is on in earnest. Ga Tech contols it's own destiny & 6-2 ACC gets us in the Gator, I truly believe. It also gets Gailey Coach-of-the-Year in the ACC.
Grobe kept his COTY hopes alive yesterday, in fine fashion.

Back