Gailey not coming to Macon TD Club

Bibb Stinger

Varsity Lurker
Hello Everyone:
New to Sting Talk, I found it interesting that Coach Gailey is NOT coming to the Macon Touchdown Club this year. As most Middle Georgians know, the Macon TD club is well respected around the state, and quite large for Macon's size.
The club host mainly college head coaches each fall (Chuck Amato, Ralph Friedgen), with the two most heavily attended meetings being the UGA and Tech head coaches. The Macon Telegraph writer noted: “perhaps for the first time ever”, Ga. Tech’s head coach will miss speaking to the Macon Touchdown Club.
I find this a very shortsighted tactic by Gailey. I heard Ross speak during his first two seasons(3W,8L) and felt much better about the program, than if he had ducked the event.
I can understand cutting back on speaking engagements, but Macon is only a quick drive down the road.

Is it possible, Gailey feels the football team is in Fall practice with a freshman quarterback and trying to fit new faces into the system due to the loss of a lot of players.

Maybe he feels he cannot spare the time at this particular point in Tech's football practice sessions. Just a thought.

If there is any doubt, I had rather he be putting his time toward getting the team ready for BYU.

Father Time

Hey Bibb Stinger, I posted about
this earlier. I think it's a
crying damn shame that "our"
coach cannot find the time to
speak at the Macon Touchdown Club.

I don't buy that crap about not
being able to work this most important
event into his schedule!

It's plain and simple our coach has
gone into hiding and is ducking any
exposure.

For the amount of money that he is
being paid, it should be required that
he attend this great event at the
Macon Touchdown Club!!

This is the kind of crap that really
pisses me off.

And by the way "Preacher" despite what you
beelieve, the speakers for this event
are reserved well in advance of the
football season, so I don't buy into
your reasoning either.

Oldgoldbee, are you trying to be obnoxious with you remarks about Preacher. Are you saying you don't approve of preaching the Gospel? Just what is your remark supposed to imply? Are you upset at Gailey because he claims to be a Christian or maybe a Baptist?

I am curious as to your intent.

By the way, from my standpoint I had rather be called a preacher any day than a rabble-rouser. I had rather have a Stingtalk name like BeeGood instead of BeeBad.

Get the picture?

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Oldgoldbee, are you trying to be obnoxious with you remarks about Preacher. Are you saying you don't approve of preaching the Gospel? Just what is your remark supposed to imply? Are you upset at Gailey because he claims to be a Christian or maybe a Baptist?

By the way, from my standpoint I had rather be called a preacher any day than a rabble-rouser. I had rather have a Stingtalk name like BeeGood instead of BeeBad.

Get the picture?

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso are you trying to insult da brothah's in da hood?... 'Cause in Da' 'Hood, Bad is Good !!

Originally posted by oldgoldbee:
Hey Bibb Stinger, I posted about
this earlier. I think it's a
crying damn shame that "our"
coach cannot find the time to
speak at the Macon Touchdown Club.

I don't buy that crap about not
being able to work this most important
event into his schedule!

It's plain and simple our coach has
gone into hiding and is ducking any
exposure.

For the amount of money that he is
being paid, it should be required that
he attend this great event at the
Macon Touchdown Club!!

This is the kind of crap that really
pisses me off.

And by the way "Preacher" despite what you
beelieve, the speakers for this event
are reserved well in advance of the
football season, so I don't buy into
your reasoning either.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Perhaps you should ask to take his place so that you can bitch about him, and about how big of a Tech fan you are.

rolleyes.gif

Nope, I just get tired of your sermons,
Preacher.

You espouse to have more knowledge about
Georgia Tech than anyone on this board.

But I don't buy into any of your logic
or reasoning.

And unlike you I will always be a better
Tech fan than you, even if you are just
a few years older than me. I would think
45 years of watching the Yellow Jackets
gives me "some" knowledge about Georgia
Tech and her traditions.

There are other fonts on this board who
have more knowledge about Georgia Tech
than you or I. I prefer to listen to
them because they do not proclaim to
know it all as you do.

Originally posted by Bibb Stinger:
Hello Everyone:
New to Sting Talk, I found it interesting that Coach Gailey is NOT coming to the Macon Touchdown Club this year. As most Middle Georgians know, the Macon TD club is well respected around the state, and quite large for Macon's size.
The Macon Telegraph writer noted: “perhaps for the first time ever”, Ga. Tech’s head coach will miss speaking to the Macon Touchdown Club.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
Bibb Jacket, everyone knows that your country hick HS football players aren't worth recruiting anymore. Why waste time in Macon? It's just not the priority that it used to be. Get over it.
wink.gif

BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
[/qb]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
Bibb Jacket, everyone knows that your country hick HS football players aren't worth recruiting anymore. Why waste time in Macon? It's just not the priority that it used to be. Get over it.
wink.gif

BOO[/QB][/QUOTE]

There YOU GO!!! BDG....METRO ATL forever.
The only part of GA. that matters!!
SWATS, DEKALB, Fulton

BankerBuzz takes offense to all of this Macon-area bashing. I imagine Ather Brown would too.

Oldgoldbee, I have never stated that I have more knowledge about GT than anyone on the board. Find me that post and show me.

I do have quite a bit of knowledge about GT sports and probably moreso than the majority of posters here. That does not make me the most knowledgeable though.

You should note, I tend to back up most of my statements with facts or strong evidence. I try to avoid making statements that I cannot back up. If I do so, I quote the items as my personal opinions.

I suppose when someone makes a false statement and I confront them with facts, you could call it preaching, but I consider it a balance to the unsubstantiated statements.

It really does not make any difference if you buy into any of my logic or reasoning. However, I place my posts on the board for the benefit of anyone who would like to read it. That is the beauty of this board, you can ignore a post if you so desire.

You have just made a statement you cannot prove. You said you would always be a better fan than me. Prove it if you can. If you can't, it is only your opinion and is equal to one other opinion. If you have been a Tech fan for 45 years, then you are already approximately 11 years behind me in loyalty.

If you prefer to listen to the other fonts instead of me, have at it. It really will not hurt my feelings one bit.

Oh, I don't know it all, but I assure you, I know a lot.

Father Time

FLASH!! oldgoldbee runs amok and attacks venerated message board contributor!! Calls him a "preacher"!!
shocked.gif

Why don't you shoot Chan an e-mail and ask him? It's free, doesn't cost a nickel, and he's always responded to any of my drivel.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:

Get the picture?

Yes,...I get the picture. CG isn't being paid to preach the Gospel. He's getting paid to coach our football team. Bad move not to speak in Macon. Should be prime area for our recruiting efforts.

GATA JACKETS!!!!

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Back