Gailey vs. Bowden

Indian Buzz

Varsity Lurker
Boy, this *should* be a great matchup. Gailey, the NFL veteran from Americus, has made NFL stops coaching Elway, Emmitt, Irvin, Aikman, creating Slash, and building an offense in Miami from leftovers. Chan's also won a national title at Troy State. Bowden, the wiley veteran college coach, has 2 national championships in major college football and regarded as the top coach in college by many "experts". This game could be an outstanding opportunity to watch two of the smartest football coaches in the land.

Bowden's bread was buttered in the 1990s with the hurry-up spread he discovered during FSU's trip to the Flats. Now, Gailey has his QB running the spread and defenses haven't stopped it. This will be an awesome chess match as Gailey and Tenuta battle Bowden and Andrews. One will adjust and the other will follow. If you're a football nut, this might be the slugfest of the season. We've got 2 veterans trying to outscheme the other. What will happen?

Great game on the horizon. The coaching staff has gotten TECH in a position to make a strong statement about the program. Bowden's regime is talented but a little shaky. Should be lots and lots of sparks flying this weekend and one very sore loser.

An instant classic - no matter what the outcome. My opinion: We win in the final minutes despite bad calls by the refs. =) The goal posts will fall, and so will the Noles.

Yeah, if Tech wins, goalposts will come down. That's been the "buzz" on campus all week. I'm pretty excited b/c it's been a couple of seasons since the posts have visited Dr. Clough. Just a head's up, but don't stop the students!!!!
grin.gif

Saw them come down in '90 and get marched down Church St. in Orlando. I'm ready to see them come down again!

Back