Game 4 - Clean Old Fashioned Hate

georgia_tech_swagger

Helluva Engineer
I'll stand by my two initial asks of Pastner I made before the season began:
- Don't lose to anybody from a 1-bid league (Failed first game)
- Crush UGAg

I'll give Pastner a free pass for the rest of the season and even donate to the MBB program so long as he soundly beats Clarke County Correctional. I don't think he has the capability to stage a full on Saw movie against UGAg like Nell Fortner did, handing them their worst ever home court loss in program history. But it's a good goal to aspire to.

JelloJacket

Damn Good Rat
I'll stand by my two initial asks of Pastner I made before the season began:
- Don't lose to anybody from a 1-bid league (Failed first game)
- Crush UGAg

I'll give Pastner a free pass for the rest of the season and even donate to the MBB program so long as he soundly beats Clarke County Correctional. I don't think he has the capability to stage a full on Saw movie against UGAg like Nell Fortner did, handing them their worst ever home court loss in program history. But it's a good goal to aspire to.
What’s the target? What’s the donation?

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I have no clue what ugag has this year. Didn't a few transfer? Wish we had a couple more warmup games, honestly.

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
Absolutely must win. Baseball swept them this year and would love to get basketball on board too.
It would make the looming epic beat down in FB a little easier to swallow. Otherwise, will have to rely on the ladies’ teams until baseball season.

BuzzinWreck78

Flats Noob
UGA is 2-1. lost to cincinnatti and beat two tier 3's so their SoS is only slightly better than ours.(289 versus 313)
a 6'11 sr name Bridges leads scoring at 16 ppg
Aaron Cook (the Gonzaga transfer) gets 14 ppg and 8 assts
Sagarin - we 79th Ga is 116
using predictor we should be favored by 0.3
tossup

ATLNative

Varsity Lurker
Yep - and you always have to be concerned about refereeing in Athens. Although I thought they always tried to get outside (I.e., non-ACC or SEC) refs for these.
We obviously aren’t paying the refs enough, we suck.

BuzzinWreck78

Flats Noob
UGA is 2-1. lost to cincinnatti and beat two tier 3's so their SoS is only slightly better than ours.(289 versus 313)
a 6'11 sr name Bridges leads scoring at 16 ppg
Aaron Cook (the Gonzaga transfer) gets 14 ppg and 8 assts
Sagarin - we 79th Ga is 116
using predictor we should be favored by 0.3
tossup
Pomeroy (if i read it correctly) has us favored by about 8.
We 58th UGA 168 big difference
Note - power ratings are very unreliable this early in the season

mts315

Dodd-Like
UGA looks to be way down this year. I expect a tighter rotation by Pastner and a win by double digits.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
CJP does need to win this game. That being said, unfortunately I have always felt that UGa wins a lot more against us relative to the comparative talent levels. Hell, they beat our Final Four team in 2004. If I remember correctly they also beat a Cremins tournament team with Price and Salley. At least neither of those teams let it affect how the season ultimately played out.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
If I remember correctly they also beat a Cremins tournament team with Price and Salley. At least neither of those teams let it affect how the season ultimately played out.
They had Hugh Durham as a coach and Dominique Wilkens back then. They knocked UNC out of the Big Dance as I recall.