Game 4 - Clean Old Fashioned Hate

doyojob

Varsity Lurker
A couple of thoughts:
- how soon we/I forget how good Usher was down the stretch last season. He is a force to bee reckoned with.
- Devoe reminds me of Kenny Anderson - sophomore year. No hops, silky smooth shot, quick hands on D.
- Reveno is the Yoda of Big Men. Howard has made great strides. Still has a lot to learn, but he is the inside force we needed with Moses gone
- What is wrong with Moore? He needs to sit until he figures it out. A real liability on both ends right now. Hope he can fix whatever is wrong.
- Having two point guards split the position is great for the team. Injury or foul trouble is a non-issue. Smith has some hops.
- Deebo can shoot. He and the other Freshman need to learn how to play D.
- This is Devoe and Usher's team. Having two guys who can score at will is huge. We can definitely compete in the ACC this season.
It looks like our defense has the capability of being pretty solid. We hit the defensive glass hard and generated turnovers when we went to the 1-3-1 zone. We gave up a couple of backdoor layups in our zone D, but I expect our rotations will improve as the season progresses.

Beeski

Damn Good Rat
after listening to Mike's press conference......can we buy a bunch of Nike balls, and paint three stripes over the Nike logo?

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Yunkus was a great player. He is under appreciated because he chose not to focus on the NBA. Like Price he played before freshman eligibility and three pointers or his numbers would have been even higher.
Yunkus was the best shooting big man I have seen in the college game. His North-South doubleheader performance in Charlotte was epic. He scored 47 against Furman on Friday and then 47 against the Tarheels in the championship game. With a 3 point line those might have been a 55 or 60 point night.

OptionJacket

Flats Noob
Well, that press conference by Pastner brought a yellow tear to my eye. I refuse to get sucked in by emotion after you know who, but dog gone, Pastner felt like how I felt. That was a much needed pick me up for Georgia Tech athletics. Pastner appears to have grown into the job of head coach. It feels good!

cyptomcat

PostBot
Staff member
Well, Pastner has earned a free pass for the rest of the season and cash from me. THWG. Keep recruiting at a high level, keep Reveno on staff.
Free pass? No.

Devoe and Usher are good and experienced. We should get about .500 in the ACC if they stay healthy.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
CJP looks like a mastermind and a genius right now, compared to CGC.

Thank you for the win, GT Hoops. Like Obi Wan, you're our only hope at this point.