Game 5 - Monday 7pm - Charleston Southern at GT

BuzzinWreck78

Flats Noob
We're probably to be favored by 15 to 20 pts here
Sagarin has GT at 51 and Ch Sou at 333

fatmike91

Flats Noob
No early season let downs please. Just win, stay healthy and get better as a team.

Some early season stats to ponder:

3 Point Shooting %:

The insanely good:

Devoe: 13 of 20 = 65%
Deebo: 10 of 16 = 62.5%

Both of these guys are marked men and they still can just drain it.

Needs improvement:

Khalid: 1 of 9 = 11.1%
Usher: 2 of 12 = 16.7%
Kelly: 3 of 12 = 33%

The sad thing is Khalid's are mostly while completely wide open. He needs to be able to hit 35%+ of uncontested 3's. For me Usher is all about shot selection. He should shoot when wide open, but his percentage is limited by "forcing it" a bit too much. The issue with Kelly is shot selection too. He's a freshman and I hope he learns quickly. He needs to shoot with his toes on the line. Green light. But he needs to stop taking NBA+ 3 pointers.

/

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
No early season let downs please. Just win, stay healthy and get better as a team.

Some early season stats to ponder:

3 Point Shooting %:

The insanely good:

Devoe: 13 of 20 = 65%
Deebo: 10 of 16 = 62.5%

Both of these guys are marked men and they still can just drain it.

Needs improvement:

Khalid: 1 of 9 = 11.1%
Usher: 2 of 12 = 16.7%
Kelly: 3 of 12 = 33%

The sad thing is Khalid's are mostly while completely wide open. He needs to be able to hit 35%+ of uncontested 3's. For me Usher is all about shot selection. He should shoot when wide open, but his percentage is limited by "forcing it" a bit too much. The issue with Kelly is shot selection too. He's a freshman and I hope he learns quickly. He needs to shoot with his toes on the line. Green light. But he needs to stop taking NBA+ 3 pointers.

/
I feel like Usher just needs to let the game come to him a bit more. He tries to force things quite a bit.

One bit of good news is that as @05GTCorndog had touched on previously, against UGA it appears that Paster shifted to a high post screen type offense more than having Usher and Howard handle the ball up top. Jordan freed our guys up for a couple of easy baskets with his screens and he rolled off for a bucket or two as well if I recall.

05GTCorndog

Dodd-Like
I feel like Usher just needs to let the game come to him a bit more. He tries to force things quite a bit.

One bit of good news is that as @05GTCorndog had touched on previously, against UGA it appears that Paster shifted to a high post screen type offense more than having Usher and Howard handle the ball up top. Jordan freed our guys up for a couple of easy baskets with his screens and he rolled off for a bucket or two as well if I recall.
Occasionally it would be great for that guy catching the ball at the FT-line to turn and face up the basket. I don't think we want Howard doing that, but Usher certainly can turn and face. That at least puts other options on the table (jumper, drive) other than the standard back cut pass from that position on the court.

sheddweller

Varsity Lurker
Will be watching from Florida. Would like to see us get a nice lead and let the young guys get some much needed game time.