Game ball goes to OL

No moral victories, but...
We would have beaten everyone else on our f***ing schedule if we had played like we did tonight.
I'm glad we have Brent Key...he is fixing things.
It's hard to imagine just how big of a clown collins was.

OL growth has been great. Lost the game against Louisville and became a force by end of season.
Looked good most of the night. Really needed some 3rd down conversions, which are hard to come by against UGAg's defense. They generally don't make a lot of mistakes.

I did notice that we dropped that quick throw to the WR from the repertoire last night.

As a long-time GT fan (since 1958), I was very proud the way the team played last night against a very
talented football team. WE fans can only hope the that elements of this team stays together and doesn't
transfer out in particular #13, Singleton; that kid has a bright future ahead as he gets older and mature.
The defense needs a lot of work especially along the DL, that same old nemesis of not getting off the
field when it's third and long plagues this team. I am not sure if it's coaching or not enough Jimmy and
Joes. Hopefully, in the off season the GT S&C will add bulk, strength and speed to some areas that are
much needed. My only gripe was Coach Key not going for a first down when it was 4th and inches early
in the 1st quarter, with GT already leading 7-0. He instead chose to kick the FG. Other than that down, I
was pleased with the way the team played and the way the Coaches coached. I thought our OC, Buster
Faulkner called his best game of the year.

The announcers were beyond awful, especially the SEC homer, Greg McElroy!!

My FINAL STATEMENT is; TO HELL WITH GEORGIA, I hate those in-breds, always have, always will!!!

I will have to say of all the improvements I have seen this season OL has impressed me the most. Our offense was pretty balanced and our leading rusher was a converted WR. He played outstanding based on a seasonal 6.0 YPC. Haynes King had the same YPC and Dontae Smith came on as the season played out and was just slightly behind on the YPC. We did not give up many sacks, plus all except Scaglione can come back for another season. Saying this though, UGA's offensive line is a notch above ours. Skill position on the offensive side is pretty even except for TE and Bowers is arguably the #1 TE entering the NFL draft next year. Where we have clearly a ways to go is on defense and ST's and I don't think UGA's is the best in college football. I actually think Clemson's is better. If we don't lose too many and have a net gain through the portal before next season, there's no reason to think we can't compete for the ACC title next year. THWG forever!

Back