Garrett Landing...

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Huh?

I'm curious if his son played for any of the peewee teams that I played on. Some of my coaches still coach pop warner and in the other peewee league.
Ahhh ok, that makes a lot more sense. When I hear Titans and Seahawks peewee football isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
Heck- I saw the thread title "Garrett Landing" and i thought some GT guy had built a new subdivision and was offering us a discount.
Pretty funny. It does remind me that when we first moved to Gainesville we lived in Martin's Landing. Developer was of course, Billy Martin of GT fame.

grantfield82

Flats Noob
Yep...long way to go. I was 6’1 222 in 8th grade and 247 by 9th. Only added 22 lbs the rest of high school and I lifted every day for the entire time, if not twice. Some kids just hit that growth stage at puberty, and while your shape may change with working out, you won’t necessarily add the size needed to play D1 football

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Yep...long way to go. I was 6’1 222 in 8th grade and 247 by 9th. Only added 22 lbs the rest of high school and I lifted every day for the entire time, if not twice. Some kids just hit that growth stage at puberty, and while your shape may change with working out, you won’t necessarily add the size needed to play D1 football
Well 6'1 and 260+ lbs is still huge at any high school, especially if was all/mostly muscle.

interchange

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's not act like we took a binding commitment from the kid. Everyone knows that development isn't a straight line but also there is a much higher chance that someone who's a physical beast at 13 will remain one at 18. I got no problem getting in early on people who are likely to become big time prospects if we've got the resources. Even when they don't pan out, it helps plant seeds in the community for future recruits.