Gator 2020 OL decommit today

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Do we need more offensive lineman in this class? Do we have a slot available? I would rather get the Vandy transfer and balance our classes>
Yes we need as many humongous linemen as possible. I still have daily nightmares about our offensive line.

edit: vandy guy is bigger I agree.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
This sounds more like UF pulled the offer. I don't think he is worth chasing.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Yes we need as many humongous linemen as possible. I still have daily nightmares about our offensive line.

edit: vandy guy is bigger I agree.
I agree we need offensive lineman. I am just concerned about having too many in one class. Given where we are now, we need defensive lineman and maybe a tight end more in the current class given the scholarship ceiling.

bravejason

Flats Noob
I agree we need offensive lineman. I am just concerned about having too many in one class. Given where we are now, we need defensive lineman and maybe a tight end more in the current class given the scholarship ceiling.
Considering the past several years of struggling to maintain an adequate number of linemen, I’m starting to think that it is impossible to take too many in one class.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
Considering the past several years of struggling to maintain an adequate number of linemen, I’m starting to think that it is impossible to take too many in one class.
correct. Big downfall of the cpj recruiting doctrine. You need around 19-20 scholarship OL each fall. Especially at a school like tech and a position like OL where projection growth injuries are impossible to accurately anticipate.

this whole balance the class notion is a myth. Only possible with perfect retention each year. The second two guys transfer fail out quit etc you are back in the spin cycle. Also redshirting kids helps a yearly balance too

if he is good. And we need help. Take em. Would you pass up a 4 star ol to take a reach player at TE just cuz? Heck no.