General Coaching Search News Thread

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
It seems like we have several Whisenhunt threads, Stansbury threads and threads for individual candidates, but not a general coaching search thread.

There has been some news this morning.
http://footballscoop.com/news/update-georgia-tech/
This article seems to confirm that we are moving away from the Triple Option. Stansbury is headed to New York for the College Football HOF Dinner, where it is believed he will conduct interviews.

Stansbury to NY confirmed by Wolken.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...-coaching-search-louisville-appalachian-state

This article has Satterfield, Elliott, Collins in the mix.

The rumor was that Whisenhunt interviewed this morning, but I'm not sure.

Business is pickin' up.

Last edited:

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
I just want to know the final answer. It’s like waiting for the results of a test back.
god I remember going to the Physics building every Friday afternoon to see how I did on ööööing Emag quizzes and then having to look over everyone else standing there, doing the same thing. Did anyone else have Dr. Stanford?

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
god I remember going to the Physics building every Friday afternoon to see how I did on ööööing Emag quizzes and then having to look over everyone else standing there, doing the same thing. Did anyone else have Dr. Stanford?
Stanford was awesome. Had him for the first physics (2121 particle dynamics?) and EMag. Inexplicably, I aced the öööö out of EMag - don't think I missed a question all year, despite that stuff being emphatically not my jam.

I remember that I'd usually drive over to the Physics building on Atlantic, park my car on the Clyde Hump and run up to check my test scores, and then go to the mall or something. (Hey, it was the 80s...)

JRjr

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Here's another interesting thought about Satterfield. That article seems to think he will be hired by Louisville as early as today. If he gets a P5 job, does he try to come get Nate Woody anyway? Regardless of whether we have plans for him to stay?

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Calvin is going into the Hall of Fame, so makes sense for TStan to go.

I would think he may talk to Collins while he's there. Hour and a half drive from Philly to NY.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Stanford was awesome. Had him for the first physics (2121 particle dynamics?) and EMag. Inexplicably, I aced the öööö out of EMag - don't think I missed a question all year, despite that stuff being emphatically not my jam.

I remember that I'd usually drive over to the Physics building on Atlantic, park my car on the Clyde Hump and run up to check my test scores, and then go to the mall or something. (Hey, it was the 80s...)

JRjr
Yep - 1989 for me. I'd go drinking afterwards. How hard and how much depended on how good/bad I did.

You are one of those Emag unicorns. I studied more for that class than any other and still struggled mightily to get my B. I remember people would sit in the middle of the aisles for Stanford though. Great prof.

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
Here's another interesting thought about Satterfield. That article seems to think he will be hired by Louisville as early as today. If he gets a P5 job, does he try to come get Nate Woody anyway? Regardless of whether we have plans for him to stay?
It wouldn't be surprising if that happened.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
It wouldn't be surprising if that happened.
Also, if he's hired and starts to build his staff, say he does come after Nate Woody. He'll likely be gone before the bowl. So then we'll have a lame duck HC and no DC headed to the öööötiest bowl available. Not a good look.

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
Also, if he's hired and starts to build his staff, say he does come after Nate Woody. He'll likely be gone before the bowl. So then we'll have a lame duck HC and no DC headed to the öööötiest bowl available. Not a good look.
Nope, and who ever is hired by Tstan will have to hire coordinators, staff.... recruiting will be ööööed.