Gentlemen.

GTSaxophone

Jolly Good Fellow
Ladies and Gentlemen; Friends; fellow Tech fans one and all! I doubt that any of you, my fellow Techies, need to be reminded of how big this upcoming game is. Virginia Tech comes into Bobby Dodd Stadium, OUR home turf, sitting pretty as Number FOUR (#4) in the nation. They come to OUR stadium as the winners of the past TWO Atlantic Coast Conference Crowns. What happened the last time these "Hokies" made their way down to our field for a good 'ol game of football? They made an absolute embarrassment of our beloved Jackets the last time they paid a visit. That also says nothing about our gut-wrenching three point loss to them last year that essentially kept us from achieving an ACC Championship.

"We owe them one" is probably the biggest understatement of the millennium. My fellow Tech fans, the time for revenge is NIGH!

Saturday. October 17th. 2009th year of the Anno Domini era.

Remember this day, ladies and gentlemen. For this day shall go down in infamy! ...For Virginia Tech fans. It shall be upon this beloved day that Coach Paul Johnson and our Yellow Jackets take the Triple Option offense straight to the Hokies of Virginia (Poly)Tech(nic Institute and State University) and show them how some REAL football is done.

I know it's homecoming. I know that Bobby Dodd will already be full of fans waiting to see their Jackets triumph. But it's not enough to merely be there. It's not enough to merely bring your everyday level of intensity. This game will decide whether our season is just good or if it's great. Outside of those mutts from the east, this is by far our most meaningful home game of the season, and every one from the south endzone to the tip top of the north needs to cheer like it is. If we want to win the ACC, we must win this game. Period.

This Facebook event is not what's important. What's important is to get the message out. To put it in every Tech fan's ear that their loudest won't be enough on Saturday; they will have to bring more. All week, as you go through classes, tests, homecoming events, etc...pass it along. Remind yourselves that on Saturday, we stand with our proud men of the gridiron. This needs to be louder than anything ever experienced before on the flats. VT needs to feel the stadium shake when they take the field. Don't let up. Not for a goddamn second.

The burden is on each and every one of you, my fellow Tech fans, to be just a little louder every down. To be just a little more into it than the guy or gal next to you. It's more than third down. It's more than a key defensive stop. It's sixty minutes with 55,000 strong. It's time to step it up, and make BDS a cacophony of pure energy, sound, and electricity from start to finish. We will be heard. We will be feared. We will send those Hokies back home losers.

I think we all know how big this one is, gentlemen, but it can't be said enough: Bobby Dodd needs to be absolutely electric on Saturday. Pass the word along to every Tech fan you see all week long to bring the noise with them to the stadium this weekend.

Also: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150707252879

Back