George O'Leary = Mack Brown, and here's why

George O\'Leary = Mack Brown, and here\'s why

Mack Brown and George O'Leary are one in the same. Frightening, but true.

Mack Brown couldn't win the big games, neither could O'Leary. O'Leary is winless vs. FSU, and let "gimmes" escape year after year. O'Leary had a losing record vs. Georgia.

Mack Brown promised the UNC Fans he wouldn't leave. O'Leary said he "wasn't interested." Both left.

Mack Brown devistated UNC recruiting. It looks good for O'Leary to do the same.

Mack Brown turned around the UNC and Texas around. O'Leary did the same thing. Both started in style, and ended with disaster.

When hard times come, you find out the true character of people. The first time the heat comes, O'Leary bails. That says alot.

As of right now, I think the best candidates for head coach are Terry Bowden (ex-Auburn coach), Paul Johnson (Ga Southern), and Pat Hill (Fresno St.).

GT should look VERY SERIOUSLY into getting coaches that will stay put. Ross and O'Leary left at the worst possible time. Perhaps an alumni would stay put.

On a brighter note, O'Leary hates the media. South Bend hates O'Leary. Let the media assault begin!!

I respect O'Leary for what he did, but what he just pulled was disrespectful, classless, and a slap in the face of all Georgia Tech fans. I think I have a right to be angered.

FSU plays Notre Dame in a home-and-home. I hope O'Leary remains FSU-winless. I also hope GT plays ND in the Gator and wins 225-2. I give him 2 for turning Tech around.

Thanks for the good years O'Leary, but the stunt you just pulled breaks my heart, and the hearts of millions of other Tech fans. Maybe O'Leary can work as the groundskeeper in Caddyshack... "go-fers"

Go Jackets, Win W/O O'Leary!

To Hell With Georgia!

I'm still a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech, and still a helluva engineer!

Notre Dame come next year =

ND
GT

UGA, AJC, and O'Leary (for this stunt) get the ole salute:

P.S. - if indeed O'Leary stays (I have better odds of winning the lottery after getting struck by lightning) -- feel free to delete this post administration.

Aiken Jacket

Flats Noob
Re: George O\'Leary = Mack Brown, and here\'s why

You have every right to be angered, Swagger, just as O'Leary has every right to seek what he thinks is the best job for him and his family.

I happen to agree that the ND job may not be the perfect fit for him. They need a media-lover to handle the crush of press that descend on South Bend every day, and they also need someone who can reach out to the alums when times are not the best. I'm not sure George is the guy.

That said, I personally wish him the best and hope that the Jackets get the chance to kick his very large butt in the near future!

On new coaches - doesn't Pat Hill have a reputation for questionable recruiting (i.e. non-qualifiers and suspect character)? If so, I hope we pass on him. What we don't need is the NCAA breathing down our necks while we try to break in a new system. See Alabama if you have any questions.

GO JACKETS!!