Georgia Tech (4-1) @ Northwestern (5-1) and ACC/Big-10 Challenge Official Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by southendzoneBEE, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Jacketblind

Jacketblind The Unbanned

Loc:
    T-town
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    Down 28, lose by 6... What do we really make of this team?

2. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    Capable of playing great defense, sucks on offense.

3. Dhatura

Dhatura Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    ?
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Well, due to an FSU win in the final seconds, the ACC ended up with a tie in the challenge 7-7. Also, what happened to the cheats? They were smashed!

4. 77GTFan

77GTFan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    North Carolina
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    This was an outstanding fourteen games. They got the matchups right as so many close games indicate and with the 7-7 split.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buzzing72

Buzzing72 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Missouri
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    Jose is the best PG we have had in a long time. Kid plays his heart out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    He might be the "best" we've had in a long time, but in our offense his skills as a PG are essentially useless.

Guess how many assists he had against NW? ZERO

He's averaging 3.5 a game. Not exactly PG type stats. He does play good defense and he hustles, but something is seriously wrong with our offense right now and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it isn't him but rather the coach at this point.

7. BuckeyeJacket

BuckeyeJacket Clear Whiskey Drinker

Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    It means we can cover the spread!

We got a nice backdoor (insert Mom joke) cover with the Jose 3.

Got the cover against Tennessee (+16) and NW (+8)

8. johncu

johncu Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greenville, SC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Somebody who watched the whole game... what the hell was the difference in half 1 and half 2? Did we do something different? I get that we were missing shots in the first half, but there was a lot more to it than that. We looked totally out of sync on offense and were taking some pretty bad shots.

9. Jacketblind

Jacketblind The Unbanned

Loc:
    T-town
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    Played better. Defense, rebounding, made shots and free throws. On offense, everyone was actually running the same sets together, instead of half the guys not knowing what to do.

10. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:

NW scored 17 points in the final 16 minutes of the game. 12 points in a stretch of over 15 minutes until the final minute of the game.

11. 79tech

79tech Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    ga tech
    I haven't watched enough yet - but I was thinking something similar last night - I agree with everybody you mention but maybe Moore. Not sure about that but sounds like we are having similar views on who can and cannot play. I also think he needs to play less players. Last night reminded me of Hewitt with players coming willy nilly in and out resulting in no continuity.

12. Jacketblind

Jacketblind The Unbanned

Loc:
    T-town
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    Moore is talented, just needs more playing time. I think CJP is cycling guys in search of the best rotation. Alston needs to come off the bench like Tadric.

• Like Like x 1
  13. midatlantech

midatlantech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    We have a serious problem of not zoning in the last millisecond of a shot and calming executing. Gaeye is hard to watch. He has developed great post moves but absolutely does not have the confidence to make a 3 foot bank shot. And then he shoots free throws with locked knees. He needs to do the Mikan drill until he can make 200 shots in a row. And someone teach free throws!

But it isn't just Gaeye. Nobody got off a clean shot in the first half that looked like it had a chance of going in. I have to believe we have a confidence problem, which may be a coaching issue.

14. GTCrew

GTCrew Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    Dude, it was the second road game of the season and we are young as öööö. Lets chill on drawing overarching conclusions based on the first half of one game.

We have whiffed on the top recruits. Guys that are athletic and can shoot are top recruits. Iiwii.

Especially because coach expressly said we have no choice but to live and die by our shooting and for a half we certainly were dying.

Two more takeaways. We were better after the half. Usually a coach gets credit when that happens. And the team didnt give up. Thats a credit to the players but certainly a good sign for the coach as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I seem to remember him having some assists last night - especially during the furious comeback. Unless the furious comeback was on you mom