Georgia Tech ACC TV $$ payout amount for 2020

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Yep, Comcast still has not picked up ACCN. They are likely waiting to see if sports will be played in the fall.
Comcast is holding out since Disney can’t do öööö to them until their main ESPN carriage contract is up.

Then Disney can try to force the ACCN as a must carry with all the other ESPN properties.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Yep, Comcast still has not picked up ACCN. They are likely waiting to see if sports will be played in the fall.
I would seriously consider dropping Comcast. We have Hulu along with several other movie streaming services and it's great. If you do this, be sure to tell them you're leaving because they suck and didn't have the ACCN.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
I would seriously consider dropping Comcast. We have Hulu along with several other movie streaming services and it's great. If you do this, be sure to tell them you're leaving because they suck and didn't have the ACCN.
I would consider dropping them if there were better options in North Georgia...

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
youtubetv and never look back.
Have to get internet someway. And my only option for high speed Internet is Comcast. So paying for xfinity internet + youtubetv is more than xfinity everything.

Maybe Elon will save us.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
I would consider dropping them if there were better options in North Georgia...
If you have internet access you can get any of the streaming services. You may have to use Comcast as an internet provider, but you wouldn't have to use their cable service. Soon internet service to your home will have competition from cell service providers through cellular devices, at least in densely populated areas thanks to 5G. The devices are basically home receivers that have cellular antennas, just like your cell phone, that will receive large amounts of bandwidth into your home or business. My neighborhood in Sandy Springs was one of the first residential markets for Verizon to attempt to install 5G utility poles, but it's been stopped via "health concerns" of covid. The health concerns were residents, who don't want the 5G network, lying to Sandy Springs about the contractors installing the utility poles, by saying the contractors were physically contacting the residents. Which was complete bull----.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
...I am sure all this rigmarole about internet service and ACCN is about the away games.
I hope we can get into the stadium this season and its not all an empty stadium broadcast to pay per view, for your new normal ticket.

Last edited:

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I went to YouTubeTV from Comcast because of ACCN. Would have never switched otherwise. Comcast is shooting themselves in the foot.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Have to get internet someway. And my only option for high speed Internet is Comcast. So paying for xfinity internet + youtubetv is more than xfinity everything.

Maybe Elon will save us.
Xfinity everything except ACCN.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I went to YouTubeTV from Comcast because of ACCN. Would have never switched otherwise. Comcast is shooting themselves in the foot.
Are they? Because they lost a few ACC fans? I’m pretty sure they got a whole BI department working out their likely churn from not picking it up. If the disconnect saves + new customer revenue doesn’t justify the money ACCN is asking for then they won’t pick it up.

gambler

Went all in with 80k
If ACCN was really smart they would let us pay to stream directly from them and keep all the profits. But...smarts is hard to come by. A la carte baby