Georgia Tech Head Football Coaches 1987- Present

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Lost to BC by 11, should have lost by 20. GT falls further into the abyss.

CGC was announced as head coach Dec 7, 2018, so I assume that’s when his contract started. To fire him the Monday after next weekend, Nov 22, would leave about 15 days of this year ($3.2M) and his last 4 years ($13.8M), for a total of about $13.932M.

Firing him immediately after the u(sic)ga game next year would still technically be within his first 4 years, so he would still be guaranteed the full remaining amount, or about $10.5M. But waiting a week or so until his 4th year is over would mean he’d only be owed $2.4M per remaining year, so the buyout would drop to $7.2M. That’s a $3.3M savings to wait a week, so keep that in mind if everything goes poorly next year.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
Lost to BC by 11, should have lost by 20. GT falls further into the abyss.

CGC was announced as head coach Dec 7, 2018, so I assume that’s when his contract started. To fire him the Monday after next weekend, Nov 22, would leave about 15 days of this year ($3.2M) and his last 4 years ($13.8M), for a total of about $13.932M.

Firing him immediately after the u(sic)ga game next year would still technically be within his first 4 years, so he would still be guaranteed the full remaining amount, or about $10.5M. But waiting a week or so until his 4th year is over would mean he’d only be owed $2.4M per remaining year, so the buyout would drop to $7.2M. That’s a $3.3M savings to wait a week, so keep that in mind if everything goes poorly next year.
Well if everything is roughly the same next year, even ardent CGC supporters (and I am admittedly among those willing to give him a long leash, for better or worse) will be telling him to go.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Updated after the ND loss... Coach Collins defense has allowed 480+ yards in 7 staright games. That is the longest streak in the ACC since at least 2004. Since then only 4 teams have longer streaks within a season:

2015 Kansas
2018 Orgeon St
2019 Texas Tech
2007 UTEP

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Bill Lewis had a 3-year record of 11-19 as Head Coach at GA Tech & was fired, considered as one of, if not the, worst Head Coaches in GA Tech history. Geoff Collins has a 3-year record of 9-25 as Head Coach at GA Tech & has gotten a “vote of confidence” from AD, Todd Stansbury

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
People keep repeating the same things. I'm living in the ööööing twighlight zone. Y'all suck.