GEORGIA TECH vs clemsom Gameday Thread

Defining play in this game. The roughing the punter penalty after the defensive stop on the opening drive.

It set the tone for everything.

It's alright that just means that we need to Win the rest of our games. We can do it:fingersx:

Clemson came out on the first drive of the game and hit us in the mouth. Then their D came out and whipped out a belt.....end of game.

We have no sense of urgency. CPJ is right about that. We have to be the most laid back team I've ever seen.....

We beat Duke, we go to a bowl.

We are not even an average team right now. It looks like 6-6 is pretty likely if not a stretch. I might have expected that in year one but not year three for CPJ, what makes it even more disturbing is that year three has historically been when his teams have started to really look good. Maybe we should have seen this coming with the depth problems on O line and the general issues with a sub par defense again.

Just wow, not having a lot of fun watching the team this year.

Defining play in this game. The roughing the punter penalty after the defensive stop on the opening drive.

Yup. It's hard to underestimate the difference going from a three-and-out to a big TD play. If we followed up the punt with a long, seven minute TD drive, it would have turned out much different.

There was also that damn fumble we recovered and somehow unrecovered. That could have made the second half much better.

We just need to use these 12 days now to regroup now. We had good offensive and defensive series, but we have to catch damn balls and not allow those big plays on defense.

It's alright that just means that we need to Win the rest of our games. We can do it:fingersx:
We can't and we won't. Line play is pathetic. Wide receivers can't catch a football. Defensive line is absolutely putrid. We will finish 7-5 at best.

No blaming refs this game. We made some stupid penalties. In fact, they really should've called that illegal forward pass against us but instead called a personal against them.

Clemson came out on the first drive of the game and hit us in the mouth. Then their D came out and whipped out a belt.....end of game.

Clemson first came out and went 3-and-out. Our defense did great. Special teams got called out and for whatever dumbass reason, called an all out punt block. It was close but it was retarded because it wasn't worth it so early in the game. That and we had a stupid roughing the kicker penalty in the Kansas game that was stupid as well.

No blaming refs this game. We made some stupid penalties. In fact, they really should've called that illegal forward pass against us but instead called a personal against them.

The only one i care about it is that roughing the kicker. I know they have to call it but thats a BS rule

Clemson first came out and went 3-and-out. Our defense did great. Special teams got called out and for whatever dumbass reason, called an all out punt block. It was close but it was retarded because it wasn't worth it so early in the game.

Saying it again . . . we should abandon going for the block all together. I honestly think risk vs. reward is not worth it.

ST's were 2007-2008 levels of dog**** today. I'll forgive Blair on the long FG try, but was hoping he would remember how much he hates Clemson.

Normally, I would say this is hogwash because you have so much of the game left to recover. But after witnessing the incredible stupidity of that play (and then subsequent poor special teams play), I agree that that was a huge momentum and morale killer. Tech needed every reasonable advantage within its power to win this game, and this team went out of their way to lose it.

But lets just be honest. We cannot now expect anything more from this team than what it can reasonably give. GT is a poor football team. Period. Winning any game other than the Duke game is beating the odds. I predicted either a 6-6 season or -at best- as 7-5 season. I do think that GT can beat one more of thier "big" opponents. I'm not sure who, but I just have a feeling that they will beat one of them. Mainly because one of them will approach the GT game with a less than 100% effort due to the fact that GT looks terrible.

Saying it again . . . we should abandon going for the block all together. I honestly think risk vs. reward is not worth it.
I agree. The only reason why I would risk it on special teams is if the coaches thought the offense couldn't move the ball and we needed a spark or something to get a momentum shift. However, seeing as how it was the first drive of the game, I don't see why we wanted to risk trying for that punt block.

On the other hand, vs. NCSU, they went for the all out punt block because we were yards away from our own end zone and NCSU scored on the first drive and they were already up 7-0.

Back