GG on recruiting

bellyseries

Dodd-Like
This is from a longer post on the Hive:

"Lastly, recruiting is going very well with an amazing problem developing. More recruits wanting to visit then slots available. I will have at least a partial if not complete list of expecting visitors in the newsletter later this week. Still look for 18 to 20 recruits in the class."

I thought we only had 13 slots?

Cruising other boards has been interesting.On the OU boardthey generally refer to coaches by their first names. On the UConn board, they often refer to their team in the 3rd person, like GOL did ("they're going to have to play hard in the second half" instead of "WE're going to...") Also had a thread nuked on the Vent, apparently for telling a doggette that she was too p.c. for her shirt .
grin.gif

I think 13 was an earlier estimate, more recently I've heard the 18 to 20 number. I guess that means the coaches anticipate a few transfers or that a few will end their careers early due to injuries.

BTW, I'm trying to become educated on this message board stuff -- is their any significance to the instant gremlins and message icons? (the question mark is obvious, but not the all of the rest)

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Goldenbird:

BTW, I'm trying to become educated on this message board stuff -- is their any significance to the instant gremlins and message icons? (the question mark is obvious, but not the all of the rest)
<hr></blockquote>

If you put the mouse pointer on the gremlin and leave it, the name of it will come up. If you cant tell what it is then probably noone else can either. I think they are suppose to just break up the monotony, so try them out. There are more at this LINK if you want to copy and paste them to your message. If you want to see what it looks like just edit your message with an instant gremlin in it. Email me if you have any questions.

Back