Gibbs is “a special talent”

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
Patenaude looks like a kid in a candy store talking about Gibbs. Can’t wait to see him in action.

Gibbs commentary starts at the 23 min mark.

pate.PNG

Did not know we were selling these shirts. That is badass.

Did I mention that Gibbs isn't short? Because, he's not. Short, I mean. Fortunately for us, he's not short.

The prototype RB for a spread whose OL isn’t steady yet. Should have been a 5* as the best spread RB in the country last cycle. I think Griffin gets knocked to #3 immediately and Gibbs/Mason force us to incorporate more 2 back sets with our lack of depth/talent at TE.

RB has to be our strongest position group on the field.

Serious question: Is there any position group where we won’t be better than last year?

RB has to be our strongest position group on the field.

Serious question: Is there any position group where we won’t be better than last year?
We should absolutely be better at every position group this year. An extra year of development for the guys who return will be huge, then add in this monster class (plus transfer eligibility).

We should absolutely be better at every position group this year. An extra year of development for the guys who return will be huge, then add in this monster class (plus transfer eligibility).
It is pretty funny how you guys act like this season will be anything like the ones before it. If we get this season in, it will be absolute ööööing madness.

The prototype RB for a spread whose OL isn’t steady yet. Should have been a 5* as the best spread RB in the country last cycle. I think Griffin gets knocked to #3 immediately and Gibbs/Mason force us to incorporate more 2 back sets with our lack of depth/talent at TE.
I don't think it will be quite like that. Mason is a stud and Griffin's style of play is more like Mason than Gibbs, so I see Griffin coming in to give Mason breathers, and Gibbs being in more situational downs or in a 2 back set. He can also flex out as sort of a 2nd slot.

It is pretty funny how you guys act like this season will be anything like the ones before it. If we get this season in, it will be absolute ööööing madness.

This will actually be true.

We will find out who wants it this year, and who shows up out of shape and/or not cracking the playbook. And who is just staying healthy until the NFL draft.

No one will play cohesively.

Back