Gibbs

I'll guarantee you Collins and Tashard Choice land this Blue Chip, despite the odds.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ommit-alabama-target/kXJnf2gbETmUGBoZZClkyH/#

"Land said he encourages players to consider four points in their recruitment – proximity to home, fit with the team and position coach, the team’s plan for them and the value of the degree."

If Gibbs/Land are serious, this should be a slam dunk for Tashard using these as selling points for GT.

Last edited:
For Collins and his staff, Gibbs represents something of a one-person test case of their recruiting chops. Collins was hired in no small part because of his reputation as a recruiter and intent to go head-to-head with the likes of Alabama, Georgia and Clemson. In his first full recruiting cycle, Collins has a chance to show what he and his staff can do.

I don't fully disagree with what is being said in this quote from the article...but one recruit hit or miss is not enough to draw a conclusion. Obviously I very much want to land Gibbs ahead of the likes of Bama, LSU and OSU....but if that doesn't happen then I won't be out with my torch and pitch fork. The point is that we are in battles with the top programs and that we win our share of them. One recruit is simply not large enough of a sample size no matter which way this falls.

I don't fully disagree with what is being said in this quote from the article...but one recruit hit or miss is not enough to draw a conclusion. Obviously I very much want to land Gibbs ahead of the likes of Bama, LSU and OSU....but if that doesn't happen then I won't be out with my torch and pitch fork. The point is that we are in battles with the top programs and that we win our share of them. One recruit is simply not large enough of a sample size no matter which way this falls.
When we do land him, I'm drawing all the conclusions I want

Agree JCE, I would and will place a lot more emphasis on this staff's success or lack of, in signing Elite (CGC's & Key's word) DTs in this class and the next one. The 2021 and 2022 seasons will need at least 5 such players in the 2020 and 2021 classes to make truly significant progress. We have had a lot of success with QBs, RBs, LBs, WRs, etc., but have very seldom landed highly rated DTs in numbers required for depth. ugag, Clem, and AU have bus loads of em. Can we land em AND keep em qualified? We will see.

Do we have bagmen staged and ready to do battle with the Bama runners?

mbb8l7zheknirpendadyhbqtwvwt01j409vq.gif

Im basking in the fact that we’re in a recruiting battle with Bama, LSU and OSU..

Agree JCE, I would and will place a lot more emphasis on this staff's success or lack of, in signing Elite (CGC's & Key's word) DTs in this class and the next one. The 2021 and 2022 seasons will need at least 5 such players in the 2020 and 2021 classes to make truly significant progress. We have had a lot of success with QBs, RBs, LBs, WRs, etc., but have very seldom landed highly rated DTs in numbers required for depth. ugag, Clem, and AU have bus loads of em. Can we land em AND keep em qualified? We will see.
On that note, Jayson Jones (a Bama DT commit) is on campus this weekend for an official. He would be a HUGE get...when you start taking cruits from the boys in Tuscaloosa, you've got some juice going.

By the way, he's 6'5" 322 pounds and a 4-star beast. Bring him on in, Coach!

And to further the point, look for #11 not dressed out tomorrow on the sidelines. That's Antoneus Clayton...the 5 star transfer from Florida. You won't have a hard time finding him. He's up to 270 pounds and he looks to be about 5% body fat. He literally looks like a man among boys. He will be a difference maker on the line for us next year.

That's Antoneus Clayton...the 5 star transfer from Florida. You won't have a hard time finding him. He's up to 270 pounds and he looks to be about 5% body fat. He literally looks like a man among boys. He will be a difference maker on the line for us next year.

He would be a difference maker on Florida's line THIS year if he had gone the other direction.

Gibbs team got shut down last night by Dacula. Apparently he still racked up some yards but it was late against Dacula scrubs.

Back