GMA Story on Bay Bay & CTE Stage 2 (Link)

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Bay Bay Thomas' parents finally speak out re: his death. (Link)

Pretty straight-forward report.

That sucks but is not surprising. I don't think football is going to die or anything but I definitely wouldn't let my kid play.

The prediction that they will be able to diagnose CTE in living adults within 5 years is interesting. Curious to how the NFL would approach that.

It's still tough to read about his death. Tear up every time.

In risk of sounding very disheartening, we may be spinning wheels discussing who will go where in football alignment. This sport may be dead by 2050 cause it’s too dangerous.

That said, I will never forget Bay Bay’s contribution to Tech or the happiness it gave me. Was it worth it to him? Seems like it wasn’t. What an interesting time we find ourselves in.

"In 2021, Demaryius Thomas also started experiencing violent seizures, which Dr. McKee said she believes were due to severe traumatic injuries off the football field, including a car wreck and falling down stone stairs."

We know so little about the brain. I think we will know so much more someday in the future. And then folks will look at today's medical treatment for brain injuries, diseases, and disorders - including psychiatry - the way we look at witch doctors, travelling medicine shows, and bloodletting.

Back