Going to Miami

KaotikGT

Varsity Lurker
Well looks like I'm going to be in Miami the weekend we play them so might as well go to the game, right? Just curious if any one is going down for the game and if so where will you be sitting. I would just like to sit around some friendlies.

Well looks like I'm going to be in Miami the weekend we play them so might as well go to the game, right? Just curious if any one is going down for the game and if so where will you be sitting. I would just like to sit around some friendlies.

Even if you sit by yourself, the nearest unfriendlies will be 50 yards away.

I'm not sure I'm bold enough to get involved in that öööö storm of a fan base.

I would go if I could, but would think twice about bringing my family.

I'm skipping the Miami game this year because I hate going down there so much - I've been to the last 3 games down there. This will only be about the 6th game I've missed since 1998 - that's how bad it is.

It's a terrible place to watch a game, and you'll be surrounded by terrible people. Last time down there, even the friggin' vendors were walking the aisles in the Tech section talking smack.

JRjr

I live in Miami and the gameday experience down here as an opposing fan is not as bad as people make it out to be, there are definitely some a-holes but if you take the friendly approach to banter (as opposed to getting in their face) most of them will back off. Make sure to remind them than most Cane fans never went to UM and don't even know the fight song. Engaging them in football-centric trash talk is also a quick way to get them to quiet down, as most aren't really that knowledgeable.

If you want to avoid confrontation either get there real early or real late and avoid the bottlenecks at the gate since that's the place were I've seen most incidents in the past. Also sit in the lower bowl, the extra $ is worth it considering the fans there are way more civil than the neanderthals roaming the nosebleeds, believe me you don't want to experience "gameday banter" from Dade county's finest truck drivers and forklift operators, such characters are way more common upstairs.

Here's the seating chart, aim for proximity to the black sections (close to 149-150 should put you in friendly territory) that's were I'd be anyways

http://hurricanesports.com/fls/28700/tickets/newsite/2013-FB-ST-Pricing-Map.pdf

Ohh yea, the Joe Stone Crab rec is definitely worth taking up, it's pricey but worth it.

I live in Miami and the gameday experience down here as an opposing fan is not as bad as people make it out to be, there are definitely some a-holes but if you take the friendly approach to banter (as opposed to getting in their face) most of them will back off.

If you want to avoid confrontation either get there real early or real late and avoid the bottlenecks at the gate since that's the place were I've seen most incidents in the past. Also sit in the lower bowl, the extra $ is worth it considering the fans there are way more civil than the neanderthals roaming the nosebleeds, believe me you don't want to experience "gameday banter" from Dade county's finest truck drivers and forklift operators, such characters are way more common upstairs.

It's pretty bad. I don't banter at all - I just keep my head down, keep to myself, and walk in and out without stirring up anything (especially last time I went, when I went by myself) - and still took a raft of crap in the parking lot, walking into the stadium, and in my seats in the Tech section (maybe even in the lower bowl at the most recent game, but I don't remember for sure).

Standing in the HUGE crowd at the gate was a problem for the Thursday night game down there a few years back. They only had one gate open, like they weren't actually expecting anybody to show up for the game. It was ridiculous.

Your description of the upper deck is dead on. I'm sure the actual Miami alums at the game (both of them) are respectable people, but most of the people in that stadium are dirtbags. The fact that they sell liquor in the stadium really doesn't help with that problem.

JRjr

Section 411. I got three tix, you want me to give you one?

I need two but thanks for the offer. Yeah I went down for the Frozen Orange Bowl, which wasn't to bad. I figured all the swagger for a canes game might rub me the wrong way.

I would not do well in that stadium.

It's not JUST the people, either. The seats feel like they're a mile away from the field, so it's not a great place to actually watch a game. There's no college atmosphere at all, and they blast latin techno music at 120 db constantly, so it's just a miserable place to spend 3.5 hours.

I can't recommend against going to Miami strongly enough. :-)

JRjr

Back