Gold Facemasks

No objection to the idea, but the color matching there is all wrong. Not necessarily that it needs to be all matchy-matchy, but that looks very out of place, IMHO.

FWIW, the gold jerseys didn't look quite right when they were unveiled in pics, but looked amazing in person. I would imagine the same goes for these facemasks on the gold helmet.

EDIT: And if they don't completely match up, I'm ok with having the chrome gold facemask on the more dull gold helmet. Our gold helmet still has the metal flake but that pic just doesn't show it well.

:facepalm: Can we focus on playing well and winning instead of how we look. I love uniform stuff and how we look and all but I've said this before. Look at the best teams in the country and you don't see them doing stuff like this. They are consistent in their look and they focus on winning. They don't focus on how cool or different they look. You can be innovative without changing tradition. Not a fan of the gold face mask and the gold doesn't match. If we can establish a constant look then we wont have to keep having uniform threads.

:facepalm: Can we focus on playing well and winning instead of how we look. I love uniform stuff and how we look and all but I've said this before. Look at the best teams in the country and you don't see them doing stuff like this. They are consistent in their look and they focus on winning. They don't focus on how cool or different they look. You can be innovative without changing tradition. Not a fan of the gold face mask and the gold doesn't match. If we can establish a constant look then we wont have to keep having uniform threads.
Well then start a thread on our O line sucking, Collins sucking, Patenaude sucking, three QBs sucking, etc. We don't have enough of those do we?

Changing things up isn't "focusing on how we look rather than how we play." We have at least 2 helmets per player, and either new gold facemasks were ordered or some we already had were painted gold in the past 2 weeks while we were wearing our whites. It probably took one 5 minute phone call from CGC to get that done. And why don't you take a look at LSU if you think top teams don't do this.

For me, I personally don't like the idea of a new uniform concept for every game. I like consistency. I'm not saying you can do something different every now and then. You're right GoGaTech, some elite teams like LSU do different things every now and then. But, what will they wear the next week? The same traditional uniform they've always worn. After last week's game, I don't care what we wear honestly, I just want to see some progress and coaches focusing on coaching and not social media videos showing them running routes and catching balls. I'm all for fun but last week was not fun.

Look good = play good

We didn’t look good vs Citadel with Piss Yellow so we played like piss

If there's anything to keep spirits up in a tough transition I'm all for it. This lets us experiment and figure out what combinations work. I haven't been disappointed with anything so far this season although I'm not the biggest fan of the stinger stripes. The gold jerseys did look better in person than in the preview (should still be a little darker)

For me, I personally don't like the idea of a new uniform concept for every game. I like consistency. I'm not saying you can do something different every now and then. You're right GoGaTech, some elite teams like LSU do different things every now and then. But, what will they wear the next week? The same traditional uniform they've always worn. After last week's game, I don't care what we wear honestly, I just want to see some progress and coaches focusing on coaching and not social media videos showing them running routes and catching balls. I'm all for fun but last week was not fun.

That is all you needed to say.

If there's anything to keep spirits up in a tough transition I'm all for it. This lets us experiment and figure out what combinations work. I haven't been disappointed with anything so far this season although I'm not the biggest fan of the stinger stripes. The gold jerseys did look better in person than in the preview (should still be a little darker)
I could agree to that but according to Collins "everything is earned." And to me this team and the COACHES haven't earned anything. I don't solely blame the players as much as I do the coaches. The players should not be punished for having pour coaching. I know they are busting their tails. And I know its a tough transition but would like to hear more Xs and Os from coach instead of how well the "juice crew" is doing.

giphy.gif

The only way we should wear the Gold Facemasks is with a White Helmet

Then with a Blue Helmet

Never Gold Helmet Gold Facemasks, too hard to match the Gold shades

Back