Good Game, Tech

I’ll take the W’s… y’all can have the moral victories.
when the options most people were expecting were either 1) keep Clemson from lighting up the scoreboard like its a videogame 2) don't get beat by more than two touchdowns, I'd say the outcome of this game is a good indication of what is to come. Georgia Tech came to death valley looking to not merely make it close, but they came to win. They did not succeed, but it took every second of the game for Clemson to avoid the upset. Georgia tech played well, and they were well-coached going into this game. Everybody was mad about the first game, including myself, but that game didn't mean spit in the grand scheme of this season.

Never expected to win the game but was happy to see the team playing hard. Not interested in moral victories either. There was a real opportunity to win the game and at some point that will have to materialize. The key now is continued improvement. One of the most difficult things I believe Collins will face with his style is consistency. Collins has to keep the team playing with the same focus the rest of the year and I’ll be back fully in his corner. Coming out flat against UNC would mean we have not progressed.

We have a much higher caliber of player now vs several years ago. This game makes that quite apparent. Clemson is usually able to just overpower our defenders, but not this past weekend. It was a refreshing sight - even with the pain of losing a game that was winnable.

I lived in Nashville for 20 years knew a lot of Vandy fans that seemed okay with losing football. Some of the comments made by GT fans recently reminded me of how Vandy fans reacted when they almost won a game. They’re still Vandy, nothing’s changed. Let’s not be Vandy by settling for losing football.

Last edited:
I lived in Nashville for 20 years knew a lot of Vandy fans that seemed okay with losing football. Some of the comments made by GT fans recently reminded me of how Vandy fans reacted when they almost won a game. They’re still Vandy, nothing’s changed. Let’s not be Vandy by settling for losing football.
Don't compare GT fans to Vandy fans. When did you become a GT fan?

We have a much higher caliber of player now vs several years ago. This game makes that quite apparent. Clemson is usually able to just overpower our defenders, but not this past weekend. It was a refreshing sight - even with the pain of losing a game that was winnable.

I would be careful with the criticism. I think it's clear we are building some needed depth at some positions, but some of the guys balling out (particularly Charlie Thomas) were here a few years ago.

Back