Good thing we didn't hire Neuheisel

Pantone4515

Damn Good Rat
Not that we didn't know that already.

I followed up a 3-0 start, including a high-profile out-of-conference win, with a five-game conference losing streak.
I was 1-6 against teams that finished with a winning record, but 4-0 against opponents that ended below .500.
Despite ranking first in my conference and eighth nationally in tackles for loss, I managed to hold only two conference opponents under 20 points.
One of my defensive backs led the nation in interceptions, but he doesn't get a lot of help-- I'm only No. 32 in scoring defense.
I'm not known for being a hotbed of stable quarterbacking, and this season was no different -- thanks to injuries and general boneheadedness, I finished the regular season ranked 102nd in team pass efficiency, behind such offensive luminaries as Akron, San Jose State, UNLV and Syracuse.
Even with my main rival's better-publicized struggles at quarterback and on defense, I still managed to lose by three touchdowns, finishing 0-3 against BCS schools in my state.
So ... am I a bowl team?

If you said UCLA was going to a bowl game, you are absolutely correct ... provisionally. The Bruins had to wait an extra week on pins and needles for the outcome of the Army-Navy game to know for sure, but the Midshipmen's win last Saturday officially punched L.A.'s cross-country ticket to face Temple in the EagleBank Bowl on Dec. 29. No wonder Rick Neuheisel's losing his hair in such unbecoming fashion.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...e-again-to-Am-I-A-Bowl-Team-?urn=ncaaf,208890

Back