Gotta Love what Gailey just said on 790..

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
The Zone...Quote " We will play the BEST player at every position regardless if he is a Freshman or a Senior" Must have recruited some pretty good Frosh. Love a coach that doesnt play the popularity game and expects the player to do it on the field....

790 the zone a nice alternative to 680 this morning and Coleman Rudolph..I loved Coleman as a player BUT now he is pandering to the vast majority of Bulldawg media types to keep his job.....

Black Watch .. 790 the zone is the only option. even then it's not a great option. the only decent show they have is the 2 live stus.

now they've added a great show with tony barnhart and wes durham.

oh and yes, gotta love what gailey says.

Well, that is an interesting statement. Each of us that has even a passing interest in recruiting know that the high school stud puts playing time either at or close to the top of his list when making a choice of all the offers that are thrown his way. With Chan's pronouncement that the best player regardless of college experience will be the one that plays must be music to the ears of many recruits. Now if Chan follows through with this, and I have no doubt he will, then that should be a shot in the arm for our recruiting. It looks as if Chan has begun to get a handle on this college game after all. I must confess that I was one of his harshest critics a year ago but a lot of things have surfaced that has caused me to have second thoughts about the man.
First, I don't think that many if any realized how many obstacles that he had to overcome that should not have been an issue in the first place.To Chan's credit we never heard him complain although I suspect that a lots of things transpired behind closed doors. Another thing that has impressed me is that he has a DEFINITE plan as it pertains to recruiting along with the impressive way he has seemed to take control of this football team. I think his recruiting in this state will pick up as soon as his team starts winning on the field. I have stated publicly that I am more than willing to give the man a chance to turn around this team. I will stick by a statement I made a year ago that at the end of this football season there will be an overwhelming concensus as to whether we have our man or if we need to look elsewhere. At the moment I would bet on chan.

Coleman Rudolph panders to the Mutts? That's a laugh. Remember last year when he went on and on about how lucky they were, tellin'em to stop whining about their injuries and blah blah blah?

Bottom line, Coleman's a jacket. But on the air, he's trying to get listeners/callers. That's it. This world is a against us mentality is boring.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
Black Watch .. 790 the zone is the only option. even then it's not a great option. the only decent show they have is the 2 live stus.

now they've added a great show with tony barnhart and wes durham.

oh and yes, gotta love what gailey says.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Even though the Big Show isn't as great as The Bottom Line, it's still the best show on Sports talk radio. Dimino is easily the best sports talk guy in Atlanta.

I have to work during the Stews show but I like what I've heard from them the very few times I've listened.

I agree, Buck. I've always been optimistic about CG in the long run, although there were legitimate criticisms of some of last year's moves (the Clemson 1st half TO comes to mind, but, stuff happens), and the PR has sometimes disappointed. It's very significant, IMO, that we didn't lose ANY players after summer school. That problem apparently got fixed.

I'm really looking forward to Reggie and to seeing what Tenuta does with what he's got.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
The Zone...Quote " We will play the BEST player at every position regardless if he is a Freshman or a Senior" Must have recruited some pretty good Frosh..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
Maybe that's all that is left to pick from.
BOO

It just may be bdg, but let's wait and see rather than sarcasticize......Leave true Tech follower alone.....hey, you for Tech or are you a detractor/instigator???

Buck,
I really enjoyed and appreciated your post. Thanks for keeping your eyes open and trying to see what is really going on. Your post speaks volumes to the kind of man/fan you are.

Still who knows how it will turn out, but I like some of the things I have seen also.

Back