Graham is our quarterback

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Lucas got thrown into a bad spot today, 1 timeout and 1 minute left.
Graham looked good. But this is against Clemson's JV backups.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I think it may be coach just knows Lucas isn't mobile enough to work behind our porous OL

SebastianGT

Varsity Lurker
Lucas deserves a shot along with playing Graham against someone's #1 defense before deciding for sure but I know one thing, Oliver IS NOT a D1 QB! He can't throw. He couldn't throw last year. Nothing has changed. It's a joke having him out there throwing the ball. Running QB sweeps non stop out of the shotgun is retarded when they have 9 in the box. If we were going to do that crap they should've just kept Paul and left Oliver under center running triple option. The next time he sees the field it better be at WR or kick returner.

JJacket

Lucas deserves a shot along with playing Graham against someone's #1 defense before deciding for sure but I know one thing, Oliver IS NOT a D1 QB! He can't throw. He couldn't throw last year. Nothing has changed. It's a joke having him out there throwing the ball. Running QB sweeps non stop out of the shotgun is retarded when they have 9 in the box. If we were going to do that crap they should've just kept Paul and left Oliver under center running triple option. The next time he sees the field it better be at WR or kick returner.
just-your-opinion.gif

gt6828d

Varsity Lurker
I'm not ready to anoint Graham the starter, but there's a pretty ironclad logic to moving in that direction. If he is the QB with the highest ceiling and this is a rebuilding season, why not take your lumps with the guy? That said, with Lucas getting the extra year of eligibility, it'd be foolish not to evaluate what you've got with him, too, especially given he's supposedly the most polished passer at the moment.

Either way, Oliver needs to be converted to the role he should've had all along: gadget guy. If you've got packages like wildcat or line him up at back or in the slot so you get the ball in his hands 4-5 times a game, cool. But to make him your starting QB just puts the team at a complete disadvantage by making it so incredibly one dimensional.

swampsting

Clemson’s JV backups can win the coastal. I’ll take my chances.
Graham probably has the more complete upside of our three first string QBs. But what will he be able to do against Miami or Uva or Va Tech?

JJacket

Graham probably has the more complete upside of our three first string QBs. But what will he be able to do against Miami or Uva or Va Tech?
He is likely better than Williams at Miami. He is similar to UVA's qb, which is a good thing. VT is as bad as Wake

swampsting

He is likely better than Williams at Miami. He is similar to UVA's qb, which is a good thing. VT is as bad as Wake
yeah, i like the perkins kid at Uva.
VT was really young last year on D. It's Foster's swan song, too. He doesn't want to go out with a D that lackluster. Overall, I think Va Tech has slipped. But I worry they will get better on D. Hope they don't.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Remember we have s break in the schedule. G5 and FCS the next few weeks. Good chance to get our offense settled

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Oliver isn't and that is a fact. I can't believe he played as long as he did. Just stupid.
Oliver made some big plays with his legs. Can't shiite on him completely, but the fact that he can only throw scud missiles that accidentally hit the target makes his upside pretty limited. He might move the team the best right now with his athletic ability but you at least need to be able to complete half your passes in a standard offense so he will hurt our transition in the long term, IMO.