Granted we're not Miami or OSU, but...

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
Re: Granted we\'re not Miami or OSU, but...

Yes, it was posted with a little tongue in cheek. Just seems folks on this board wanna jump on something like this and go crazy debating each other on the merits/demerits of the football program.

I think we can improve next year. If proper changes are made and the players and coaches do what needs to be done, then we can do better than this year. A program usually DOES improve substantially in the head coach's 2nd year on the job. I'd be THRILLED with 8 wins and a win over UGA!

That is a very interesting comment from Tucker's column. The difference is the 3 teams mentioned played inspired football in their coach’s first year.

Granted we\'re not Miami or OSU, but...

This from Tim Tucker's column in AJC:

Note that the top three teams in the final college football polls have coaches in their second year on the job -- Ohio State's Jim Tressel, Miami's Larry Coker and Georgia's Mark Richt.

MAYBE we WILL be better next year!

Have fun.

smile.gif

Have fun? What? Is this suppose to be fun? You're kidding me right?
wink.gif
blue.gif

That is an interesting read from Mr Tucker. I believe we'll be better next year. Have some work to do, and some players to have step up. One year to the next can be a huge. That goes for all the teams in ACC. Things could change around drasticly!!

Back