Great Quote, Not GT related, just football

RamblinPeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Not Tech related, but quoted from the serialized novel they're running on ESPN page 2 (don't start reading it, its aweful, but I got sucked in and want to know what happens now). Thought it was worth sharing.

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny. You pay $15,000, $25,000, $30,000 -- even $45,000 a year to listen to lectures from the finest minds in the country. You record the most relevant details in a notebook and pay to have more e-mailed to you. You read $100 textbooks, highlighting the most important passages. You go to the library researching additional material. You discuss your thoughts in study groups with your TA. You stay up late for a week reviewing it all several times. You take a test or write a paper to document your thorough knowledge of the subject. You do this for class after class, year after year.

And yet, what stays with you after you graduate? What do you remember even after you have made that final student-loan payment? When everything you learned in college is long forgotten, what remains as clear and vibrant as the day you experienced it?

A very special autumn afternoon in a sold-out football stadium, when you were drunk on beer and friendship and absolutely certain that there was no place you would rather be, no people you would rather be with, no moment that would ever feel so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad to see another year of that is almost over.

Good quote, and sad indeed. Here's to sending this year out the best way possible - the White and Gold ruling the state again.

That's why you've got to diversify and force yourself to get into GT Basketball, the next best thing to football.

I love our cagers. Though my enthusiasm for them does not quite roll around until after our football game against the mutts. When basketball is over, I follow our baseball squad heavily. The summer months, however, are long and boring with no major Tech sports for me to follow.

At least I have the Braves, I guess. :)

GT basketball is going to be very exciting the next few years. I don't know if it will ever match the excitement of Hewitts first final 4 run, but these kids he has now are full of talent, (not saying previous teams weren't, but a lot of their success came from working incredibly hard more than anything) we're running a lot more dynamic offense it seems, I look forward to the coming seasons, and as much as I love the AMC, it doesn't even compare to BDS@HGF.

Back