Great to win at something !!!

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It was really good to see Tech win something, even if it was a basketball game. I am not a big fan of basketball. Football is my passion, in particular Tech football.

While surfing the channels yesterday, I came upon the game and watched a while. It was great to see the fans and atheletes having fun, the band playing the Rambling Wreck, it just felt good.

Things have been mighty quite on the message boards this weekend. Recruiting news and even specualation is hard to come by. The bunker mentality of the GTAA in regards to the football program appears to have spread to the fan base.

Any way, the bit of energy generated by the basketball game yesterday, served to remind me that we will have some good days ahead eventually in the football program as well.

Go Jackets!

Well most schools have a Sports Information Department (Tech does as well) which generates postive press for the sports programs. Just small things about maybe the players contemplating professional careers, coaches off season priorities, reviews of the past years performance and focus on objectives for next year.

It just seems Tech has no plan to keep fans and prospective fans, actively engaged in the program. It seems that in the past there were at least some efforts in that direction. Maybe the negative end to the season and the lack of a PR minded coach have led to this not being a priority and in fact a strategy to avoid dealing with criticism. Just my thoughts.

Go Jackets!

IMO.......PR can wait to after signing day. I want the staff focused on two things:

1) Recruiting

2) Off season strength and conditioning program

Jerry,
this board serves in lieu of the GTAA. Just scroll down & read about 'NFL coaches in ACC' or 'Gailey's #1 priority' or 'Higgins coming back'.
If your stomach's not in it, u may want to skip the recruiting threads
wink.gif

Jerry, the dry rot has set in under Chan's guidance and those that can't see it are those that simply will not see it.

yeah .. there are indeed "visionaries" who see things that others can't see

FWIW...there was more than a little bit of energy at the b-ball game yesterday. BTW...what do you want the AA to tell you about football? There is not much to say at this point;

Jerry, rest assured all is well.

Here is the scene: Chan arrived at 4:30AM this morning. Deep in the bowels of Boddy Dodd Stadium the "war room" is alive. Coffee is downed non-stop and orders are barked out "who leaked?" "Coach D, get over to the weight room, it's 5:00 AM and It's tiime for mat drills!" "Somebody go get O'Brien off of Rose Bowl, I know he's developing QB's who can make plays but remind him we're bringing in a freshman to provide some heat!"

Chan, who prefers the secrecy of the war room to his more public office upstairs, sends word to the fan base to relax, trust me, I know what I'm doing. This is the Chan the public never sees - intense, commanding and confident.

Secretive names, off the screen blue chip recruits, '"diamonds in the rough" if you will, are scrawled on the dry erase board, awaiting signing day.

So what if they aren't 4 or 5 star, the philosophy at Tech is to coach them into something. This high intensity program started the day Gailey arrived and the punishing grind, only whispered about during Georgia week and hellishly during the weeks prior to Fresno, continues.

Blah, Blah, Blah, I can't even finish my tongue in cheek humor with this dream.

Oh well, Jerry, you are right. The BB team had a big win and baseball is around the corner. it is nice to enjoy some other things!

Back