Green Jacket Prediction

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by JWilly, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Architorture23

Architorture23 Gentle and authentic and loving.

Loc:
    Sec 111
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I always thought he'd win again, but I also thought his time was running out. So glad he got it done.

I'm not sure he can win a US Open again, but this year is probably his best chance being at Pebble. He can absolutely win Open Championships and PGA's, though the latter seems to be going for more of a US Open feel lately. He's won at Bethpage before but it is veeeeeeery long. With the way he flighted the ball off the tee this week, he'll be a favorite at Portrush and the Open Championships are the likeliest places for him to consistently have a chance to win.

2. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Isn't the US Open at Bethpage Black this year? If so, that's a course he has won on before and one that sets up well for his game.

I don't think he's going to win another one this year but it would make me extremely happy to see him get an actual grand slam instead of just the Tiger Slam. Going into 2020 having tied Nicklaus' 18 major victories, can you imagine how nuts it would be at Augusta National next year?

3. Architorture23

Architorture23 Gentle and authentic and loving.

Loc:
    Sec 111
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    US Open is at Pebble, PGA is at Bethpage. Tiger won the US Open at Pebble in 2000 and Bethpage in 2002.

Bethpage set up well for his game in 2002, but he was 20 yards longer than everybody off the tee back then. He was 44th in driving distance this week and 47th in driving accuracy.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  4. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Driving accuracy will be the key at Pebble Beach as the US Open always has rough grown up to the point you could lose a small poodle. For the PGA, I don't think they'll have Bethpage set up that difficult. Either way, it sure is fun to be able to discuss a realistic possibility of Tiger actually winning those once again.

5. ClubSeats

ClubSeats Employee of the Month

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
  6. ee8384

ee8384 Thread Slayer

Loc:
    Past the point of caring
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    The Open will be at St. Andrews in 2021, where Tiger has won twice, so that will be #18.