GT adds OL from Morris Brown.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Kenton Johnson, a Soph OT w/Morris Brown says he will transfer to GT. MB is shutting down athletics so KJ would be eligible immediately. My guess is that he takes a rs yr to acclimate himself to div1a play & then have 2 to play. This is really NEEDED depth where we need it. He's listed as 6'6, 305. Sure hope he can step up to 1a ball.

Morris Brown OT, Kenton Johnson, to transfer to GT

tommie, here is a link to the MB roster for the Fall of '01 when Kenton was an entering Fr. It lists him beginning his Wolverine career @ 6'6, 270. He has put on a few lbs since. There is a current roster floating around, but I just can't find it right now, sorry. MB has done an extremely poor job of keeping up with anything & u really have to look for it.
In any event he's a fairly good sized young man.

Kenton Johnson @ Morris Brown

Originally posted by tommie:
Where is this listing about him found at (6'6 305)? Thanks
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here is a link to a Texas Tech (!) page, with a Morris Brown roster showing Johnson at 305. If anyone knows why TT is doing this, I'd love to hear it.

Texas Tech page

Tommie, I am curious. We have identified four ladies on Stingtalk, MsTechAnalysis, Juvie, Krgotech, and Mslip.

I was noticing the spelling of your name. Most male names are spelley Tommy and the female version of the name is normally spelled Tommie.

Could you be our fifth female poster or is the spelling an anomaly?

confused.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Tommie, I am curious. We have identified four ladies on Stingtalk, MsTechAnalysis, Juvie, Krgotech, and Mslip.

I was noticing the spelling of your name. Most male names are spelley Tommy and the female version of the name is normally spelled Tommie.

Could you be our fifth female poster or is the spelling an anomaly?

confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahsoisee i'm a male my mother named me after my grandmother Tommie before i was even born( she wanted a girl so bad) so she kept the name as is for her late mother.Since my mother passed 3 years ago i now carry the name with pride. While i'm on the subject i'm proud to be a part of stingtalk with all of you guys and girls you all are a great group of people thanks for all the information and keep up the good work. LETS GO TECH!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tommie, glad to have you, and glad you are not ashamed to wear your Grandmother's name.

Ahso, thanks, couldn't remember where I saw it. It appears that this TT page is maintained by the Lubbock Ledger. It has a lot of weird stuff on div1aa & div III. Looks like they gave up on maintaining some of the stuff 'bout 1/3 of the way thru '02.
Wonder if there's other Wolverine players we're looking at???? Wonder if he has been offered an athletic scholarship or will be a walk-on??? (Probably a 'ship, being from out of state). Wonder if a couple more might want to walk-on @ GT??
Remember Nich Ferguson transferred from Clark(?) in '96 or '97 & wound up starting his Sr yr & is still playing Pro ball.

Back