GT at BC Wed 1/12 9pm

WreckRod

Dodd-Like
Read my post above the one you responded to. I agree that the driving factor of scheduling is TV, but that doesn’t mean that the conference has no influence in trying with the media partners to get a better product. Full arenas also makes for better tv.
I did. I don't think the conference has much influence, and what little they have is spent on Duke and UNC. Do you care what day and time South Carolina and Vanderbilt play? No, and virtually no one outside their respective fan bases does either. We're in the exact same boat. Better game times won't attract more fans. Consistent winning will, and it will also result in better game times. Lol it seems pretty straightforward to me that the bball team is like half a notch above just sucking, so we are exactly where we should be. Our own fans barely want to watch, much less anybody else, and nothing the conference does is going to change that. Sucking less will.

clapper

Dodd-Like
I agree that the driving factor of scheduling is TV, but that doesn’t mean that the conference has no influence in trying with the media partners to get a better product. Full arenas also makes for better tv.
There were commercials running during the game encouraging people to attend.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
There's the attendance issue. 9 PM tip-offs during the week a no-go with kids in school. The schedule is obviously set for TV, so let's hope that the schools are getting good revenue from it (that helps or does offset lower attended games)
It's almost like we shouldn't have an entire channel devoted to a single time zone. Imagine the garbage on the PAC12 network at 6 EST that we could replace with a game people may actually want to watch.

I did. I don't think the conference has much influence, and what little they have is spent on Duke and UNC. Do you care what day and time South Carolina and Vanderbilt play? No, and virtually no one outside their respective fan bases does either. We're in the exact same boat. Better game times won't attract more fans. Consistent winning will, and it will also result in better game times. Lol it seems pretty straightforward to me that the bball team is like half a notch above just sucking, so we are exactly where we should be. Our own fans barely want to watch, much less anybody else, and nothing the conference does is going to change that. Sucking less will.
It's rare to see a fellow non-delusional GT fan.

1982Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
The ACC, as a conference, needs to hire a consultant to do a deep dive on the reasons for poor attendance at member school revenue events and ways to help correct it. We are included in this. There needs to be a conference-wide effort to correct scheduling with media partners, realign the conference to provide more compelling matchups, figure out on a school basis what issues are suppressing attendance, etc.

It’s pathetic for an ACC conference game to have an attendance of 300.
The ACC, as a conference, needs to hire a consultant to do a deep dive on the reasons for poor attendance at member school revenue events and ways to help correct it. We are included in this. There needs to be a conference-wide effort to correct scheduling with media partners, realign the conference to provide more compelling matchups, figure out on a school basis what issues are suppressing attendance, etc.

It’s pathetic for an ACC conference game to have an attendance of 300.
Official attendance was 3591. Not great, but not 300.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Had to be tickets sold. No way there were 3,500 people in the arena.
I can remember seeing 3 people sitting on the right baseline (TV view) and a not many more anywhere else. The camera angles did what they coul to hide the fact that it was a ghost town in that place.