GT family still split; still some bloodletting

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
It's gonna be a long haul this season & I reckon most are hunkering down. Lumps will be taken this yr. Sure didn't expect Thurs nite to happen so early tho.
Our family may actually be slowly merging & we may, mostly, be united by the end of the season.
Golly, I miss 2 yrs ago & looking forward to Coach G, & farther back. We were all in it together & we all knew many good things were happening for GT. We knew all was not perfect, but the good far, far outweighed the bad.
We may have to start again just to get the whole family back together.

Ace, the Clemson game offers a great opportunity for some family healing. If we can't do it in 3 weeks, then the bloodletting will be necessary and justified. THWG

Originally posted by GoldZ:
Ace, the Clemson game offers a great opportunity for some family healing. If we can't do it in 3 weeks, then the bloodletting will be necessary and justified. THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Goldz,

BYU was not a good team the other night. Yes, they were better than us but that is not saying much. They may become a good team as the years goes along, though.

But make no mistake about it....klimpsum will be a much tougher test than BYU was. I know that is hard to stomach right now....it will be hard to stomach in 3 weeks, also.

Well then beeware, my post stands...if we go into the CU game 0-3 and lose to them, then we better re-examine our program beyond just the issue of the HC. I agree by the way about BYU not being anything special. The next two are though. THWG

GoldZ, BYU offered a better opportunity for healing. Heck, Wake Forest beat Boston College @ BC.
I'm afraid that too many 'hurts' may have added up before we get any 'healing' salve now & the salve may be too little, too late.
Sure hate it that so many GT fans, alums & friends are at each others throats over this situation. No one can write/say/think/mention anything at all without getting jumped by someone wanting to point out their side.
It is a bad situation for Tech fans & we may have to move our football program in a new direction. It sure has torn our family apart.

I agree Ace about the family squabbles. Only one antidote...Winning. The Clemson game IMO will determine whether this team is '89ish or '02ish. THWG

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GoldZ:

BYU was not a good team the other night. Yes, they were better than us but that is not saying much. They may become a good team as the years goes along, though.

But make no mistake about it....klimpsum will be a much tougher test than BYU was. I know that is hard to stomach right now....it will be hard to stomach in 3 weeks, also.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BW: Clemson got waxed by a pretty decent UGAG team. UGAg may have had freshmen on the OL but those freshmen were part of 2 GREAT recruiting classes in '01 and '02 that ranked in the Top 10 in the nation! I hate saying this!!!!!!

The Clemson game has been a nailbiter for the last 7 years and this will be no different - the difference this year might be GT at 0-3 going in. If that's the case, we're not only going to need some super coaching but a 'mental health motivator'!!

How long has it been that GT has been in this kind of situation ... I can't even remember. I don't want to remember!

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GoldZ:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I disagree completely. Clemson looked terrible today, tho you have to give the evil ones some credit for that, but Bowdown will probably be an assistant in Tally next year...

agree ramblin,

TaterTotwannabee is done at Clemson. He had his chance.

I will lay good money on him not making it to the year's end.

The dogs chewed 'em up and spit 'em out.

Anybody hear the announcer in the UT game, when they showed that hound mascot, say to his color man, "Which one is uglier, him or that bulldog at Georgia?"

laugh.gif

Speaking of mutts I was wondering yestiddy during the MSU/Oregon game if MSU's hound had a name. I know Athen's is known as uga but what's MSU's bullmutt?

Back